Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

PPA chose the service provider, so they must put the pressure on them.

I entered under the PPA banner ( discount as a ppa member) so i direct my complaints to PPA

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I entered under the PPA banner ( discount as a ppa member) so i direct my complaints to PPA

But PPA has stated that any queries or issues need to be taken up by the organiser, ie the Cycle Tour Trust.

But PPA has stated that any queries or issues need to be taken up by the organiser, ie the Cycle Tour Trust.

PPA never communicated this to me.....

But the PPA are not involved in you entering the Argus. They receive whatever profits are made after all the expenses of hosting the event are held. The entry and Management of the event is run by the Cycle Tour Trust who use Racetec for the entry, seeding and timing logistics.

As I understand PPA owns 50% of the Cycle Tour Trust and I'm pretty sure PPA and Racetec are also related. It's a whole inbreeding thing they have got going there so I won't say PPA is blameless in this whole mess  :whistling:

Email i got...

As a most valued Pedal Power Association member we had hoped to provide you with an outstanding experience yesterday by offering PPA members the exclusive opportunity to enter early and in turn test our entry process.  We must therefore apologise unreservedly for those of you who experienced glitches yesterday and thank you for the patience and support we received while we investigated the cause of the phone and payment issues experienced. We can confirm that your entry has been successful.

What happened?

• On Tuesday morning, our payment gateway and bank experienced a serious technical error which affected the processing of card transactions.
  • In addition our new VOIP phone system battled to cope with the massive number of calls – almost 7000 calls in the space of 5 hours - which resulted in many of the calls being dropped. We have since resolved the matter with our service provider.

We appreciate that a lot of trust goes into the online exchanging of money and understand the frustration of being unable to complete the entry process as planned.  Please be assured that we have worked around the clock since the issues occurred yesterday to source accurate feedback and solutions from all the parties concerned and rectify the problems.  We are confident that the issues have now been resolved.

You will know that general entries open to the public on Friday 26th September at 13h00. We wish to confirm that PPA members, who were invited to enter early but could not enter yesterday, will now be afforded another opportunity to enter before entries open to the public next Friday. Entries will be allowed from today, Wednesday 17 September at 15h30 until Thursday 18 September at 15h30.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries in this regard and thank you again for your patience. 

Kind regards
THE TEAM: Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour

What's your address, DJR

Gonna send you some Rescue Remedy

(not sure it is UCI-compliant though)

:D  :D

Thanks Dale, I feel a bit better this afternoon, but I still haven't managed to get my youngest entered and he is chewing my ear about it and threatening not to wait for me come Argus day ;)

Also got that one and completed my payment successfully this time.  I still have to wait for the funds that were reserved on my card to be released for yesterday's payments, which FNB should automatically do soon since those transactions will not reach a Completion status.

So the question is, do I go ahead and complete my registration (still sitting in my basket on Racetec) and pay again?  Or do I wait and hope they complete it their side and will take off just one of my 15 payments?

I am very unhappy with this hole debacle.

NO communication after last night's e mail, NOTHING!

The R 30 discount that i was supposed to get being a PPA member is a JOKE!

this is costing me more that the R 30 discount!!!

At this stage, an apology from PPA is not good enough.

:thumbdown:  :cursing:  :thumbdown:

As a PPA member you were invited to enter the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour on a select preferential basis prior to general public entries.

If you were unable to enter due to the technical issues experienced you now have the opportuity to enter until 15:30 tomorrow, Thursday.  Every PPA member who tried to enter has received at least 2 emails from the cycle tour.

I'd say the PPA has provided a good benefit to it's members in giving guaranteed entry to every one of it's members.

So the question is, do I go ahead and complete my registration (still sitting in my basket on Racetec) and pay again?  Or do I wait and hope they complete it their side and will take off just one of my 15 payments?

If the transactions do not reflect on your transaction history then the payment was not completed successfully.

How this works is that the merchant first sends an authorisation to determine if you have the funds on the card.  If you have enough funds, it will be reserved.  This response goes back to the merchant's system.

The merchant then mark the transaction on their side as successfully paid for and fulfilled, at which time they send a completion for the transaction to the bank.  That is when the transaction will actually reflect on your transaction history and statement.

That is also why you sometimes get the actual payment SMSs days after you for example paid at a restaurant for a meal.

If the bank never receives a completion for funds that was reserved, it will automatically go back to your available balance.  This time will differ from bank to bank, and basically is an automated process.  Usually 2 - 7 days.

Also got that one and completed my payment successfully this time.  I still have to wait for the funds that were reserved on my card to be released for yesterday's payments, which FNB should automatically do soon since those transactions will not reach a Completion status.

I completed the FNB debit card auth reversal form and sent that in. Apparently still takes up to 7 business days to reverse.

Put it through again. That is what I did. I had only already paid 4 times though, not 15.

I just completed my entry! Now we can just hope for good weather on the day!

Happy training!!

Good or bad weather, just enjoy the privilege to be able to ride your bike along with thousands others in a beautiful city and surrounds. 

Archived