Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R430 is getting steep huh? or is it just me? That's nearly a years pass for table mountain......

R430 is getting steep huh? or is it just me? That's nearly a years pass for table mountain......

just got an email to enter. did it no problemos.

everything is duur these days, but this is for charity so doesn't have to make straightline economic sense AND gets sold out.

did however decide to NOT take up the PPA renewal as i think the only PPA race i did was argus last year.. means i can't complain about them anymore, and that's ok.

All good and well getting an invitation to enter early, but the mail said I can enter between 12:00 - 15:00, and I only got the e-mail at 16:33! Now I will most probably have to wait till next Friday to enter, but avoiding the rush would have been cool!

All good and well getting an invitation to enter early, but the mail said I can enter between 12:00 - 15:00, and I only got the e-mail at 16:33! Now I will most probably have to wait till next Friday to enter, but avoiding the rush would have been cool!

Go ahead and try anyway, they seem to just leave it open at the moment. 

Funny how we go through this process each year:

Entries...

Seedings...

Wind Predictions...

The actual day....

and all the other b!@tching in between... :whistling:  :eek:

Feels like just the other day we did this.

Funny how we go through this process each year:

Entries...

Seedings...

Wind Predictions...

The actual day....

and all the other b!@tching in between... :whistling:  :eek:

Feels like just the other day we did this.

What you mean every year? This is the standard template for any race/event thread every week....

What you mean every year? This is the standard template for any race/event thread every week....

Haha. Argus takes it to another level though. The moaning is waaayyyyyyyy more intense.

Already 20 pages and we're still months away. 94.7 thread has been going a while and we don'ty have 20 pages.

I must just add that this entry chaos is just the same now as most of South Africa in terms of incompetence and lack of respect for your clients/customers/end users. Obviously accountability has long been lost! Also sat in the que for how long, payment failed, although did go through my bank account, then received e-mail reply on my query that my payment was unsuccessfull. I did not pay again, as payment showed off my account. Received e-lmail this morning saying I`m being refunded and must pay again. I don`t think so. I have already waisted to much time on trying to enter, e-mails, phone and checking bank account. Some riding friends seem to share my feeling. I`ve entered and paid. If I`m not in, then tuff! What a pity! :(

I must just add that this entry chaos is just the same now as most of South Africa in terms of incompetence and lack of respect for your clients/customers/end users. Obviously accountability has long been lost! Also sat in the que for how long, payment failed, although did go through my bank account, then received e-mail reply on my query that my payment was unsuccessfull. I did not pay again, as payment showed off my account. Received e-lmail this morning saying I`m being refunded and must pay again. I don`t think so. I have already waisted to much time on trying to enter, e-mails, phone and checking bank account. Some riding friends seem to share my feeling. I`ve entered and paid. If I`m not in, then tuff! What a pity! :(

And the only one who will be bothered when you don't line up in the start chute will be you.  If you've been given the chance to pay for a reserved entry do it. Come March you'll be bleak you did not.

When you cut off your nose to spite your face, the only one feeling the mighty spite is you...

It's a great ride for sure guys, but let's not get it out of proportion. It's just a bike ride! Lovely to take part in but the world won't end if you miss a year either

It's a great ride for sure guys, but let's not get it out of proportion. It's just a bike ride! Lovely to take part in but the world won't end if you miss a year either

Indeed, I agree and that is all dandy until February of next year comes round and you're hunting for a substitution entry because you actually REALLY want to ride the event, enough to have attempted entering.

I've checked and re-checked my bank account, and still it only shows payment for 3 of team DJR. The 4th payment does not show on my account, BUT on the Racetec website all 4 of us show as "entered". Shall I just assume Racetec gave me an entry for free to make up for the hassle and time wasted?

I've checked and re-checked my bank account, and still it only shows payment for 3 of team DJR. The 4th payment does not show on my account, BUT on the Racetec website all 4 of us show as "entered". Shall I just assume Racetec gave me an entry for free to make up for the hassle and time wasted?

Maybe take some screen grabs of your confirmed entries. Just in case there is a problem in the future.

So, no one has said anything yet about the name change? Guess no one can ask you what your aurgust time was anymore!

Archived