Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well from Raydeks weather app pic and update, depending on what time you'll be on the road, they might not be a bad thing... But as we all know, on the day the weather could change in a instant... So my best advice would be to take deep sections and standard rims with if u not from CT and then if u aren't starting too early, watch what the weather is like on the tele as the pro's go past certain areas and then decide....

Regarding the fire and the Cycle Tour

"The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust has put out the following statement:
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is aware of the current situation regarding the fires raging in the mountains of the Southern Peninsula through which the Cape Town Cycle Tour traditionally passes. We are in close contact with the City of Cape Town Disaster Management team as well as their Events Office and all the other role players.

As part of our standard operating procedure we have alternative route plans available for consideration by the authorities.

Once the situation pertaining to the existing route is made clear to us we will be in a better position to make a final decision about our plans for Sunday, 8 March.

We anticipate making a final decision in consultation with all the stakeholders by this coming Wednesday, 6 March.

Our thoughts go out to the people affected by this devastating fire and the brave dedicated firemen trying to bring it under control.

We appeal to the hundreds of cyclists out training for the Cape Town Cycle Tour to please avoid the affected areas and allow the officials the space to perform their duties."

http://www.ride.co.za/news/fire-cape-town-cyle-tour/

I guess I can Live with winds of 18- 19 km/h. If memory serves me right it is more or less similar to what it was in 2011 and 2012?

2013 was closer to 30 km/h mark.

LOL trust me if the wind is blowing, u might want to go with a shallow dish wheelset, I went down last week 3 times with my 38mm clinchers and I nearly shat myself, So on Fri I opted for my standard wheels and the wind was heavier than all the previous days and I had no problems... Rather safe than sexy because we all know deep sections look better....

Hahaha! Thanks for that. Is there anywhere one can rent a set of wheels in CPT?

I guess I can Live with winds of 18- 19 km/h. If memory serves me right it is more or less similar to what it was in 2011 and 2012?

2013 was closer to 30 km/h mark.

I remember watching the footage of the winners last year on Supersport and wondering why the footage cut out as the lead peloton were descending chappies. The commentator apoligized and said the tv chopper had to land since the wind was gusting at over 100kph. I pray it does not blow like that on Sunday anywhere on the route.

I can't help thinking of all the poor little critters that get caught in the fires.

Saturday coming back from CTCT MTB ride a bunch of people in an Old Mazda Bakkie were busy throwing out trash from the windows, then next moment, 2, YES TWO!!! Cigarette Buds came out the window, well myself and another guy from the race who was driving next to me proceeded to hoot at the guy, he in return told us to #$%! off without a care for what he had just done!

I not sure which route they would actually use the fire apparently shifting over to Ocean View side now!

Going to be very eerie indeed!

I can't help thinking of all the poor little critters that get caught in the fires.

Saturday coming back from CTCT MTB ride a bunch of people in an Old Mazda Bakkie were busy throwing out trash from the windows, then next moment, 2, YES TWO!!! Cigarette Buds came out the window, well myself and another guy from the race who was driving next to me proceeded to hoot at the guy, he in return told us to #$%! off without a care for what he had just done!

I not sure which route they would actually use the fire apparently shifting over to Ocean View side now!

Going to be very eerie indeed!

there is a number you can call and report them

Archived