Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can move it through Wellington and over Bain's Kloof :thumbup:  or around Franshoek, will be killer but the scenery will be well worth it!

I don't care where it is - as long as the Nedbank tent is at the end with my shower and cold beers

Flippit. I know this is about much more than a race but I really hope it turns out fine for all concerned and the race continues as planned.

Confident that the CT Cycle Trust team has it all in hand - they have outperformed and event management team I know of for the past how many years and never once let 30,000 plus riders down.

Looking forward to a good ride :-)

It's as if someone purposefully torched the whole route, even the backup routes.

Considering that Chappies, Ocean View and Ou'Kaaps are all possibly being effected by the fires......one wonders if they have a backup route planned that heads north :eek:

I just got this mail from the organizers......thought I'd pass it on and save ourselves endless questions here on the Hub. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a good outcome!

(Personally my plan is to smoke this years Argus!)

Dear DJR

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is aware of the current situation regarding the fires raging in the mountains of the Southern Peninsula through which the Cape Town Cycle Tour traditionally passes. We are in close contact with the City of Cape Town Disaster Management team as well as their Events Office and all the other role players.

As part of our standard operating procedure we have alternative route plans available for consideration by the authorities.

Once the situation pertaining to the existing route is made clear to us we will be in a better position to make a final decision about our plans for Sunday, 8 March.

We anticipate making a final decision in consultation with all the stakeholders by this coming Wednesday.

Our thoughts go out to the people affected by this devastating fire and the brave dedicated firemen trying to bring it under control.

We appeal to the hundreds of cyclists out training for the Cape Town Cycle Tour to please avoid the affected areas and allow the officials the space to perform their duties.

We kindly ask entrants to please allow us time to deal with this situation and NOT inundate the Race Office with phone calls or emails. As soon as we have a resolution we will inform all involved immediately.

Yours in Cycling,
The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust

I would definitely go with the 80mm rather. :)

You must be 100 KG plus then :whistling:

Archived