Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

he he, my trusty Steel Frame and Steel rims keep me planted. I only weigh 60KG but add 15KG for my Classic Racer and we looking at 75KG, though strong enough wind will still possibly be able to blow me away like a kite :whistling:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a 22-27kph wind for sunday. :(

http://www.windguru.cz/int/?sc=91

I only have the 38mm aero rims..and keeping them straight with a side wind is hectic enough - dont want to know what a 50mm or 80mm rim feels like in a side wind.

If it stays like that it won't be too bad for the early groups.  The later ones will have some interesting issues from Llandudno to Camps Bay.  At least it won't be too hot.  Very much the same weather as last year.

he he, my trusty Steel Frame and Steel rims keep me planted. I only weigh 60KG but add 15KG for my Classic Racer and we looking at 75KG, though strong enough wind will still possibly be able to blow me away like a kite :whistling:

Days like this i enjoy being 93kgs....Ride the deep section all the time :clap:  :clap:

I have the option of 50mm deep sections or a Dura-Ace 7800 front wheel which is as skeef as a windpomp. Seriously runs untrue.

I will be stuck with the 50mm at the back at the very least. Wind permitting it's deep section in front. Praying for mild wind. :rolleyes:

I have the option of 50mm deep sections or a Dura-Ace 7800 front wheel which is as skeef as a windpomp. Seriously runs untrue.

I will be stuck with the 50mm at the back at the very least. Wind permitting it's deep section in front. Praying for mild wind. :rolleyes:

Funride world champs is all about looking sexy....Deep Sections FTW(ind)

Funride world champs is all about looking sexy....Deep Sections FTW(ind)

Couldn't agree more. Just the thought of that DA wheel and what it's going to look like.....

I can make do with this current forecast at the point

5m/s south easter at Cape Point

Via wind guru

post-28673-0-47104200-1425320131_thumb.jpg

I believe the fires are still out of control? Is this correct?

They are expecting it to burn for a whole week so it`s not looking good for da roadies at the funride champs this year. Throw that roadbike in da fire like at that mtb 24 hour!

Worry about the weather on friday, its waaaaay to early now for any accurate predictions.

Iwould be more concerned over the wildfires and the possibility of the organizers changing the route...

Guess the chances of the race to be re-routed will be big....

{curse the arsonist}

Like I said, my plan is to SMOKE this years Argus! :D

Archived