Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

The pill counter contamination explanation is deemed plausible in my mind.

Having a toddler in creche, I spend a lot of time in the pharmasists* queue. I have seen numerous kinds of drugs go through the pill counter. I also observe plenty of people getting all kinds of medicine.

*not the same pharmacist as in the DI case.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not on his hands, on the pill counter that dispensed DI's empty caps. It seems that Probenecid is not a capsule but a tablet so the possibility of contamination is there.

I would like to know how much of the banned drug needed to "leak" onto the empty caps to give a positive test.

It does not look as if this evidence was part of the inquiry, or was it?

Don't think this is quite what you're asking, but being a threshold drug, any presence detected would be a positive.

pro's need to be much more careful, if I was a pro I would have certain doctors, pharmacists, nutritionist, dietician, mechanic, girlfriend, physio, restaurant ..............etc who understand exactly how important and delicate I have to be with the things I use and consume and what is at stake if I get it wrong, and i wouldn't go to anyone else or use anyone else services other than those I chose and who understand.

Lots of questioning the science part. Why can't we just accept expert opinion at face value. Both sides seem to have had experts ( real ones) explain the contamination and in turn verify it. The body that imposed the sanction has withdrawn it. So no foul. End of. Sometimes I think we look for spooks when there are no spooks.

Lots of questioning the science part. Why can't we just accept expert opinion at face value. Both sides seem to have had experts ( real ones) explain the contamination and in turn verify it. The body that imposed the sanction has withdrawn it. So no foul. End of. Sometimes I think we look for spooks when there are no spooks.

When it comes to cycling and doping unfortunately, in the past,where there has been smoke, fire has always followed.

pro's need to be much more careful, if I was a pro I would have certain doctors, pharmacists, nutritionist, dietician, mechanic, girlfriend, physio, restaurant ..............etc who understand exactly how important and delicate I have to be with the things I use and consume and what is at stake if I get it wrong, and i wouldn't go to anyone else or use anyone else services other than those I chose and who understand.

Dr Ferrari was all those things.... :)

Don't think this is quite what you're asking, but being a threshold drug, any presence detected would be a positive.

Ya I get that. What I'd like to know is how much needs to be ingested to give a positive result.

Ya I get that. What I'd like to know is how much needs to be ingested to give a positive result.

Not enough experts on the hub to answer that :ph34r:

Actually SAIDS has no fault on their side. They did the test according to protocol (no matter how long it takes to get the results, which sometimes are up to the labs and not SAIDS) and gave the results and suspension, they heard his side (and tested it, as it was his job to defend himself and prove himself not guilty) and withdrew the allegations/sanctioning.

They did their job, correctly and thoroughly at that.

Dammit!!! why did you have to go and do that??? :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

WHERE / WHO must I vent my anger at???

{it's gotta go somewhere..}

On your ride when you are attacking your climbs

Sure - I take your point, but where do you draw the line for an athlete being responsible for what's in his body... Should DI have gone and had his capsules tested for banned substances because he is responsible for them. In some cases its just impossible...

he is ultimately responsible, im not saying that he should have tested the capsules, he should have a pharmacy who understands the severity of cross contamination in his situation, he trusted the pharmacy anybody would and it almost cost him his career, I wonder if there are pharmacy guidelines and laws regarding disinfecting surfaces and cleaning areas in between patients? because at this pharmacy you could go buy a simple panado and get it coated in every other drug.

Wait for a South Easter, You will be able to vent all frustration and anger in peddle strokes.

Waait a minute...

Who keeps receipts of their gelatin capule purchases?? :eek: :eek:

i'm screwed...chucked mine in the bin...

Hahahahahahaha!

Stand corrected but I think the pharmacist produced them.

My ex-Gf was a pharmacist....or better yet, i swam in the pharmacy dating pool whilst at varsity...

they do not handle capsules etc. witht their hands...especially gelatin ones that will melt from warm hands...they use a spatula type of thingie to count the pills /capsules...so where did the contimination come from..??

<#Conspiracy_hour>

Look the story is fishy as hell. Home made capsules, grubby drug hands, no recourse for chemist, trace amounts etc... BUT people with much more knowledge and specific details of the case have looked at the evidence and made a call.