Daryl Impey cleared!

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wiling to change my mind as soon as the UCI clears him.

I'm half-way there with the SAIDS Reasoned Decision.

[Hopefully I'm a sceptic, not a cynic :-)]

Still waiting...

Dalé

I know my previous response was long winded, but I reckon without blood samples presented, he will walk free.

Even if he did dope, I see it as being shut down because of technicalities .

I could be very wrong and if I am, I will also start chanting "Doper, doper,doper"

Manjra is a physician with extensive anti-doping experience.

I think he is on to something when he suggests that SAIDS may have happily accepted the defense to avoid scrutiny of their flawed processes.

Then surely a man of his extensive qualifications should know better than to write a few paragraph that suggest a cover up.

Sorry for the edit.

And how much did he write out of emotion or is it all very unbiased ?

Edited by Wyatt Earp

I am wiling to change my mind as soon as the UCI clears him.

I'm half-way there with the SAIDS Reasoned Decision.

[Hopefully I'm a sceptic, not a cynic :-)]

Still waiting...

Yeah boet, I'll still wave the flag and shout for him if i see him. I remember him when I started off mountain biking in SA, him his brother and dad all taking part in the same races i went to, in those days mtbking was relatively small compared to now and the regulars all knew each other, he has come a long way since then and deserves all the allocades. As mentioned earlier a great cycling family.

Its not easy to do what he has done.

If the UCI decides not to appeal then its over as far as I am concerned. Same as riders bust for doping that served their sentences. We all make mistakes. Move on. Problem for Daryl is that fighting the appeal will cost him millions.

If the UCI decides not to appeal then its over as far as I am concerned. Same as riders bust for doping that served their sentences. We all make mistakes. Move on. Problem for Daryl is that fighting the appeal will cost him millions.

Well if we look at his legal reps, the only one he is missing is harvey specter...he brought the A-team for the fight

None are so blind as those who are not willing to see. We will come back to this thread in the future I'm sure. Hope it's still here.

Well if we look at his legal reps, the only one he is missing is harvey specter...he brought the A-team for the fight

Will be different story and much bigger legal bills if he appears at CAS in Europe facing the UCI legal team.

Will be different story and much bigger legal bills if he appears at CAS in Europe facing the UCI legal team.

sure, but then his livelihood will be at stake, think he might not have an option.

Now you raised the point earlier, why bother making your own capsules when you can get off the shelve and also risk the contamination thing. Surely money isnt a factor...heck 69 bucks for a packet isnt breaking the bank

http://www.supplemen...ramp-block.html

Another one I have seen in the shops

http://www.hammernut...-boost.rdb.html

Does that mean that the supplements are that crap that a pro would rather make his own risking whatever goes with it.

Kosmo might have a good point, allthough you would expect that a top of the range sponsored professional would have access to products that are unlikely to be contaminated.

Or maybe he wanted just the bicarb on its own without the other stuff that typically comes with these kind of products

Maybe be was rolling his own buffer capsules to try and avoid contamination from commercial products?

Kosmo might have a good point, allthough you would expect that a top of the range sponsored professional would have access to products that are unlikely to be contaminated.

Or maybe he wanted just the bicarb on its own without the other stuff that typically comes with these kind of products

Like hammer's product? That doesnt have all the other stuff in it. Nicely packaged / sealed container / convenient dosage. mmmmm

Now you raised the point earlier, why bother making your own capsules when you can get off the shelve and also risk the contamination thing.

Does that mean that the supplements are that crap that a pro would rather make his own risking whatever goes with it.

Placebo effect ?

Could well be...backfire of massive ironic proportion if it was

How could/would/should he have known the capsules were contaminated?