Found... Lost reptilian

Cois

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one place I mentioned is a well known place outside BHS that killed and ate some of the Animals there

I know they shot a giraffe as well some time ago because they could not move it to another part of the farm.

I am sorry, but I no longer trust game farms, unless I know the owner. I would love to send Speedy with my Uncle that stays in a nature area in the Cape area.

But might be a huge change and not sure Speedy would adapt. Not sure how long it was held. And on the Zoo thing... I will never ever trust any zoo.

The one place I mentioned is a well known place outside BHS that killed and ate some of the Animals there

I know they shot a giraffe as well some time ago because they could not move it to another part of the farm.

I am sorry, but I no longer trust game farms, unless I know the owner. I would love to send Speedy with my Uncle that stays in a nature area in the Cape area.

But might be a huge change and not sure Speedy would adapt. Not sure how long it was held. And on the Zoo thing... I will never ever trust any zoo.

Just put him in the bush. and he will be fine......Groenies,NF and Modders are also options

Just don't let him pee on you...

Ag no man, why have you removed my footstool !!!

Ps. No animals were harmed in the taking of this photograph. I was sitting enjoying the view last week when he walked past in front of my chair.....

post-50-0-10460500-1410174309_thumb.jpg

Guest notmyname

Game farm... They farm game. Nature reserve is where game blom and live the life.

I have a big guy at home, had him for years, when we came to SA years ago my Pops was in the building trade and at lunch time on site, it got very quiet..... He went to see why and found the labourors trying to smash open a Tortoise with bricks to boil, he promptly fetched a pick handle, threatened a few blows and brought Flash home, we took him to the Vet, who made a fibre glass shell and glued it onto the damaged area.... 30 years later and Flash is doing great, he is part of the family and yes, should be in his natural bush, but we all know what this place is like, so dont release him anywhere, he will be caught and eaten within a week. Best bet is to take him to either the Zoo or Lory park private zoo in Midrand. OH, that looks like a female Leopard Tortoise.... they just love water melon and cucumber, avoid lettuce! Common old KK grass is great too...

The problem now days is that there is very few natural open areas, they all have squatters on, who snare and eat anything, so he honestly wont live long. And if they cant keep 2 ton Rhino alive, then that little guy dont have a chance in hell. Keep him in the garden, and feed him all your veg scraps, they actually get very tame and walk right up to you for a scratch, and not to mention, push over big pot plants!!

The problem now days is that there is very few natural open areas, they all have squatters on, who snare and eat anything, so he honestly wont live long. And if they cant keep 2 ton Rhino alive, then that little guy dont have a chance in hell. Keep him in the garden, and feed him all your veg scraps, they actually get very tame and walk right up to you for a scratch, and not to mention, push over big pot plants!!

Yeah that is another problem. One day saw a couple of "humans" braaing little tortoises they caught in the veld :thumbdown: :angry:

Yeah that is another problem. One day saw a couple of "humans" braaing little tortoises they caught in the veld :thumbdown: :angry:

Not to be racist, but those humans are animals...

Archived