Giant NRS 2 build

AB108

Just got hold of this NRS 2 and thinking of a new paint job... problem is trying to breakdown the frame... its my first soft tail so not sure how to... any bit of help welcome...

Think it would be best to consult youre LBS on the dis-asembly of the frame.

But for starters you can call it a full-suspension or dual-suspension instead of softail.

All the best with youre project.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/bikerphil/ebaynrs001.jpg

Looks pretty easy to disassemble. What colours are you thinking?

Remember to remove the dropouts

I completely forgot about that when respraying.

Also remember to slap your stickers on BEFORE you spray your final coat of clear.

Good luck and keep us posted.

With pics!

Edited by popcorn_skollie

looks like normal bearings, just pop allen key in and unscrew. just keep track of any spacers and in which order they go back

@ skollie.... Im looking at white with black decals or a florescent green with carbon stickers...

Edited by AB108

Need assistance. .. should I use paint stripper or just sand paper the ALu frame... before primer....

Use Plascon Removall to remove the paint with minimal elbow grease and schlepp. There is a thread on the Hub about it. If you are going to the expense of re painting it, please don't put vinyl stickers on it, rather have the logo's painted on as part of the process. A friend of mine had his NRS2 done in the modern black and white scheme by Cycledelic a few years ago and it modernized the bike really nicely.

Thanks CAAD4... much appreciated... its my first project so wana get it right... so to do the decals it would just be a stencil put on and sprayed before the clear...im in Durban and dnt know of any place to get the frame painted...

Need assistance. .. should I use paint stripper or just sand paper the ALu frame... before primer....

only sand it rough paint strip means ali primer and paint rough you can just paint it.

only sand it rough paint strip means ali primer and paint rough you can just paint it.

All my life I have failed to understand the purpose of punctuation or grammar. Thank you for proving the need to me.

Thanks sampras... so just sand down...then a white base as im spraying it a fluorescent green... so the green will stand out on a white base...

Another issue is the bearings wont come off...Allen botls open and the thing is still stuck...maybe I need to take it to the LBS as BEN suggested... Urban Cycles in dbn any good?

Bearings should be press fitted, you will need to hammer them out if you don't have the right tools. Just be very careful with the persuader!

Remember to cover the bearing holes before you spray.

Okay paint stripped n frame primed. Now for the color... any suggestions on how to paint the decals back on...

Okay paint stripped n frame primed. Now for the color... any suggestions on how to paint the decals back on...