Pain threshold : IQ

Older

It seems that the higher one's pain threshold the lower one's IQ. Fark, some people must be stupid not to feel the pain. Any Randomized Control Trials proving this?

It seems that the higher one's pain threshold the lower one's IQ. Fark, some people must be stupid not to feel the pain. Any Randomized Control Trials proving this?

Explains why I get dropped so easily :thumbup:

Need to do a few headbanging sessions, against the wall.

Not scientific but I think there is a link between dehydration and the effect that it can have on someones brainpower.

Not scientific but I think there is a link between dehydration and the effect that it can have on someones brainpower.

Jip always after pushing myself I sit at work staring at the screen no really figuring out what I am supposed to do. On that subject sometimes it works out nicely. I struggle to concentrate on repetitive work that do not require thinking but when my lights are dimmed I kind of get lost in it as I am not thinking about it.

When cycling I find when I look down and follow a line or keep my wheels on course by keeping the same distance from the side it is easier to push past the pain barrier than when I try to look ahead.

what an odd statement

define pain threshold ? you mean the ability to keep going through the pain in your legs from riding, or the ability to deal with the pain of someone ripping your nails off with pliers or surviving a CIA interogation involving truth serums ?

what an odd statement

define pain threshold ? you mean the ability to keep going through the pain in your legs from riding, or the ability to deal with the pain of someone ripping your nails off with pliers or surviving a CIA interogation involving truth serums ?

Well, I posted in Rant or Rave?

Well, I posted in Rant or Rave?

:clap:

L2C, what I meant was in some cases you can learn to cope with pain, it just depends what pain and not sure how it links to IQ, or lazy.

People can always take more than they think - they just need to be pushed, preferably uphill :) thank you.

Bit off topic, but this makes me think of my study days. :oops: :offtopic:

One Prof said, years back there was a study that found that the lower educated people was more accurate in being right when they say " I feel that my blood pressure is high" than more educated people. Studies might have been poorly done.

(normally high blood pressure or high cholesterol is not "felt" . . . . unless your having the stroke/hart attack/aneurysm)

Makes one wonder when patients say they can feel their blood pressure is high . . . :whistling:

Edited by IH8MUD

Pain is relative. Any man that has done national service and is aquainted with an "oppies'' and any lady who has delivered without drugs will not be moaning on a big hill. Its just understanding that discomfort and "I nearly died" are two camps that are light years apart.

One skill that needs to be learn't is that when you are hurting to just shut up. There is nothing more irritating than riding with someone who moans constantly, everybody is hurting just suck it up. :)

Pain is relative. any lady who has delivered without drugs will not be moaning on a big hill.

I know that women claim that giving birth is the most painful experience that no man could possibly understand, but a mate put it into context for me.

His argument :

Many women have suggested to their partners that maybe another child would be nice.

No man has ever suggested that he be kicked in the goolies again.

Case dismissed.......

Edited by eddy

I know that women claim that giving birth is the most painful experience that no man could possibly understand, but a mate put it into context for me.

His argument :

Many women have suggested to their partners that maybe another child would be nice.

Case dismissed.......

Eddy, it is the whole pain-reward relationship.

Would you still ride hills if there was no awesome downhill singletrack on the otherside?

Hence nature has conned us poor ladies and made sex nice and babies cute.

For your argument to be accurate, I need to kick you in the goolies every five minutes ( to simulate contractions) for at least four hours, then we talking :clap:

Edited by blondeonabike

Case dismissed.......

or we cant wait for that next kindney stone

Why does it seem like that? Something you saw or a wild guess?

Eddy, it is the whole pain-reward relationship.

Would you still ride hills if there was no awesome downhill singletrack on the otherside?

Hence nature has conned us poor ladies and made sex nice and babies cute.

For your argument to be accurate, I need to kick you in the goolies every five minutes ( to simulate contractions) for at least four hours, then we talking :clap:

I always find the whole pain / childbirth analogy quiet puzzling as most of the females i know cry at the slightest little stubbed toe or paper cut yet I have been around blokes with bullet holes and bones sticking through skin who have just grimaced and taken the pain. Same goes with pushing through and suffering up the hiils rather than slowing down before they have broken through that 'barrier'. My wife dissagrees.