What is happening to my Ikon's?

Morwa

Apparently you must use a specific sealant for Maxxis tyres!

The same happened before with 2 of my Maxxis while using Stans.

I've got 2 Ikons on the bike now and are monitoring them, cause this time the bike shop used the Maxxis specific sealant.

Edited by Frohan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ride Ikons with Stans, on 3 different bikes.

Many thousands of Kilos, no problem.

I think , looking at the tread wear and how long you have had them, that maybe you have not ridden them much, perhaps this happened from standing for a long time?

This is only an assumption, please correct me if wrong.

If it's really the ammonia causing the delamination, have a look at Joe's Eco-sealant. No ammonia or latex.

Works for me.

have a look at Joe's Eco-sealant. No ammonia or latex.

Works for me.

Is it better than their regular sealant? Regular Joe's did not work for me at all. Also, regular Joe's has really large bits in it, which makes it near impossible to inject through a valve stem.

stans is crap, if is doesn't turn to snot balls it eats your tires (sorry Rouxtjie)

I use tyrefluid, green stuff I get from my local wheel and tire place. www.tyrefluid.co.za 

+1, never looked back.

I ride Ikons with Stans, on 3 different bikes.

Many thousands of Kilos, no problem.

I think , looking at the tread wear and how long you have had them, that maybe you have not ridden them much, perhaps this happened from standing for a long time?

This is only an assumption, please correct me if wrong.

I think this is the problem. They should not last more than 7 months.

Same happened to a mates Ikons. Pricked them and they would not seal using Stans, Used Tyrefluid (PS2?) and they are still holding up. Told him to change before his stage race though. Using this PS for 6 months now and still no problem........hope it lasts.......I for one, will never go back to Stans.

+1, never looked back.

Same happened to a mates Ikons. Pricked them and they would not seal using Stans, Used Tyrefluid (PS2?) and they are still holding up. Told him to change before his stage race though. Using this PS for 6 months now and still no problem........hope it lasts.......I for one, will never go back to Stans.

glad to see i'm not the only one  :clap: