JUMA Rant - Show me the money

MTB-BFK

His girl friend will definitely have her WTF face on if it turns out his todger is widely recognizable.. :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Clearly she has never yet seen a Todger... well, not his anyway.... :)

Maybe she was just looking at the portapottie....

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This forum is very forgiving, and fair enough, the people have spoken. 

I stand by my comments - this race was a disgraceful exemplification of greed overriding everything, including physical safety - just read the comments dealing with how many serious injuries occurred, and their p1ss-poor organisation around EMT, despite having routed the course intentionally through storm drains!! - miracle nobody died.  Well done, you got the cash.

I stand by my comments - this race was a disgraceful exemplification of greed overriding everything, including physical safety - just read the comments dealing with how many serious injuries occurred, and their p1ss-poor organisation around EMT, despite having routed the course intentionally through storm drains!! - miracle nobody died.  Well done, you got the cash.

BUT.....you're outside SA? Did you fly in for the event?

You know if you feel events like this are such a money spinner why not organise one with a few mates.

What exactly are you looking for? An apology from the Organisers? Your Money Back? A Better seeding next time, or just for the entire Hub to agree with you.

We get you didn't enjoy it and you not happy the organisers made Money...

But some of us had a Jol, and will be back, and will pay the entry fee again.

You know if you feel events like this are such a money spinner why not organise one with a few mates.

I think that ripping people off is a foolish and very short-termist business model.  Not my style.  Joburgers are just so used to being ripped that they don't even see it happening - just look at the comments above - completely oblivious

The tunnel was an amazing experience. Wanted it to carry on. Like nothing I've ever done on a MTB.

The marshals on that section were great. Kudos to them. I expected the bottle necks so I didn't take it as a race. But they were quite irritating. 20 minutes at one point. The design of the scaffold bridges sucked. The sloots were very slippery, but what can you expect? Pretty disgusting around Grayston area. There was a surreal almost post apocalyptic section where some pretty wild looking dudes were chopping felled trees and there were sheet plastic tents. Not a marshall or security guard in sight. Not cool. Water points that don't serve water! I rode an easy 4 hours on 1 water bottle. I don't drink sugar (Red Bull or Bos Ice Tea.) Lucky it was cool otherwise could be a problem. Also not cool. Will I be back? Today, I say no, but by the time next year rolls around I probably will.

many first time events are like this. The event organiser is working with an unknown, or simply just do not comprehend the magnitude of the process. It is how the respond to this in the years to come. 

Sounds like they were thin on the ground with paramedics, maybe the guy was honestly not expecting so many un-technical riders and/or injuries. To come out saying it was pure greed is a bit harsh..lets hope the organisers learn from this and put on something next year which sounds like it can really be a lot of fun

the lack of water tables was a serious rookie mistake, and anything over 40 should have at least 2 tables. Bottlenecks could have been avoided with suitable chicken routes and adequate seeding.I hope he/they learn from this

Edited by Stretch

What exactly are you looking for? An apology from the Organisers? Your Money Back? A Better seeding next time, or just for the entire Hub to agree with you.

We get you didn't enjoy it and you not happy the organisers made Money...

But some of us had a Jol, and will be back, and will pay the entry fee again.

I suppose I would like things to improve, for everyone's sake, not least of which to reduce horrendous injuries - a friend of mine got proper hurt.  I question whether this is possible when the motives of the organisers are so far from giving a 5#it, and it really all seems to be about the cash for them.  I don't want my money back, nor any of the other things you suggest.  I hope that race organisers generally do more  than fleecing the general populace - its just tiring, thats all.

Edited by MTB-BFK

I suppose I would like things to improve, for everyone's sake, not least of which to reduce horrendous injuries - a friend of mine got proper hurt.  I question whether this is possible when the motives of the organisers are so far from giving a 5#it, and it really all seems to be about the cash for them.  I don't want my money back, nor any of the other things you suggest.  I hope that race organisers generally do more  than fleecing the general populace - its just tiring, thats all.

It's mountain biking. Not synchonized knitting. People get hurt. And from the sounds of it, the majority of the injuries are because people overestimate their own skills. It happens. I've done it. I learnt from it. Life goes on.

I didn't blame the trail/bike park/course designer.

As I've said before, if in doubt... walk it. No shame in walking it to be safe, just make sure you're out of the way of other riders. If you choose to try it anyway and get hurt, don't go blaming those that built it.

Edited by patches

Do you know the person who organised this race? On what do you base your statement that his motives are "so far from giving a 5#it, and it really all seems to be about the cash"?

I think you should apologise to him!

Do you know the person who organised this race? On what do you base your statement that his motives are "so far from giving a 5#it, and it really all seems to be about the cash"?

I think you should apologise to him!

Hear hear.

It's mountain biking. Not synchonized knitting. People get hurt. And from the sounds of it, the majority of the injuries are because people overestimate their own skills. It happens. I've done it. I learnt from it. Live goes on.

I didn't blame the trail/bike park/course designer.

As I've said before, if in doubt... walk it. No shame in walking it to be safe, just make sure you're out of the way of other riders). If you choose try it anyway and get hurt, don't go blaming those that built it.

Dislocated my shoulder at Groenkloof. Did not blame the manager. Looked in the mirror and the culprit was there  :eek:

Jeepers, MTB-BFK. Sweep that chip off your shoulder.

The overwhelming majority of riders had a major jol. Yes, there were a few teething issues and things will definitely be improved next year. 

Ultimately, this was a Spruit adventure ride, not the UCI MTB World Champs. Accept it for what it is/was.

I know someone broke his hip... not sure if its the same person. If so, he is going for his operation tomorrow, so holding thumbs.

We're probably talking about same person, but he broke his pelvis in 3 places. Needs surgery. 

What is worse is that it took over two hours to get an ambulance... Within a stone's throw of William Nicole road! Not acceptable.