2015 Tour de France

Frosty

Well it had to happen! It's been a long road and finally a true SA team will fly the flag, guys got one bit of advice for you, take this chance with both hands!

Just look back in history when 7-eleven entered the fray! We can do the same, nobody ever thought the yanks could do it back then.

A big shout out has to go to Mr. Ryder, for slogging it out over the last few years and keeping the right people on board this dream, cause it truly is!

I've stood under the Arc and seen these lads come to Paris, but the cherry on the cake this time round would be to see local lads done good!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who all is going to the Alps stages this year? Let form a mountain gang armed with Saffa flags and beer!

So who all is going to the Alps stages this year? Let form a mountain gang armed with Saffa flags and beer!

Seriously contemplating buying a ticket to France, still have a good few months to sort out the details :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

What would be ballpark costs to see a few days?

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 2 finish  50euros

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 3 start 50 euros

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 4 on the route 50 euros.

TGV train ticket and snacks for finish in Paris 60 euros.

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 2 finish  50euros

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 3 start 50 euros

Petrol,lunch and drink to stage 4 on the route 50 euros.

TGV train ticket and snacks for finish in Paris 60 euros.

Based where?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this, as I've made a number of changes to the scoring system for the fantasy competition, to make it more rewarding for picked riders in the break, successful breakaways that stay away, and more... 5 minutes to the start

Exciting news to be announced SOON regarding thehubsa Fantasy competition.

New revised scoring format sorted, tested and (almost) ready to go.

Trying to keep it more exciting for everyone for as long as possible - and with today's announcement that Astana might lose it's licence... lots of speculation in store for the next few weeks/months.

If you want to sponsor prizes, big or small, please send me a PM.

post-1372-0-79273500-1425037057_thumb.png

If any hubbers are going to the alpe D'huez stage and have a spare place... let me know please ! Would love to go there again and hit that climb harder!!!  :devil:

• 1 month later...

Seriously contemplating buying a ticket to France, still have a good few months to sort out the details :whistling:

What would be ballpark costs to see a few days?

If any hubbers are going to the alpe D'huez stage and have a spare place... let me know please ! Would love to go there again and hit that climb harder!!!  :devil:

Was looking at an organised tour where everything is taken care of but starting to think of hiring a motorhome in Amsterdam and going for the whole 3 weeks of the tour.  I like the idea of doing the all the climbs rather than having to fit in with a time table.

Just need a driver for those days a loop is not possible. Got a spare place or two too.

Was looking at an organised tour where everything is taken care of but starting to think of hiring a motorhome in Amsterdam and going for the whole 3 weeks of the tour.  I like the idea of doing the all the climbs rather than having to fit in with a time table.

Just need a driver for those days a loop is not possible. Got a spare place or two too.

Sheesh you guys are doing well for yourselves :thumbup:

I am trying to figure out if I will be able to take a couple of hours out of each day to watch the end of each stage and some of you lot are thinking of somma pushing off to France for 3 weeks :( Oh well, have fun and wave the SA flag a bit for us there on the telly. ;)  

Sheesh you guys are doing well for yourselves :thumbup:

I am trying to figure out if I will be able to take a couple of hours out of each day to watch the end of each stage and some of you lot are thinking of somma pushing off to France for 3 weeks :( Oh well, have fun and wave the SA flag a bit for us there on the telly. ;)  

Had 20 years of watching on telly, time to reward my loyalty to the sport? And Lacets de Montvernier looks like an absolute must ride...

Had 20 years of watching on telly, time to reward my loyalty to the sport? And Lacets de Montvernier looks like an absolute must ride...

Hope you have a blast!

• 2 weeks later...