The Cradle is Insane

Paul Ruinaard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw them and when I passed them on my MTB on knobbies 2 of them swore at me.

Cyclelab and their club can go to hell, they do not own the road.

This morning the cradle was an absolute circus and for once it wasn't the noobs to blame. Came across this cyclelab bunch, some of them riding 4 abreast. When a lady politely asked them to try stay in single file one of the guys responded "what is this a f#@$ing race".

I hope either you or one of kronies read this post because you sir are a massive douchebag.

you ride like this, you invite a motorist to overtake on the left

you ride like this at my club you will be told to ride to the left of the yellow line, and if you don't you will be told again and again and again until you do.

Felt extremely unsafe passing them on the left cause it seemed like not one of them knew how to hold their line.

This is the exact reason why cyclists have such a bad reputation on the roads.

A few inconsiderate idiots will end up spoiling it for everyone.

This morning the cradle was an absolute circus and for once it wasn't the noobs to blame. Came across this cyclelab bunch, some of them riding 4 abreast. When a lady politely asked them to try stay in single file one of the guys responded "what is this a f#@$ing race".

I hope either you or one of kronies read this post because you sir are a massive douchebag.

Now we wait for all the holier than thou responses.

On the upside, at least 3 or 4 of them managed to find the proper lane. Great advertising for CycleLab and their efforts to promote cycling safety. Chops.

Beyond a retards way of logic.

In short, vertraag verby . 

Cycled the cradle this morning, busier than usual but nothing too crazy to handle even with the big groups

I guess if you look for issues you will find them if not make them

Did the lady have her car parked inside the cycle lane, while she was putting her make-up on?

Looks like this bunch had to overtake a car inside the cycle lane?

(flame suit ON - fire away)  :ph34r:  :w00t:

Did the lady have her car parked inside the cycle lane, while she was putting her make-up on.

(flame suit ON - fire away) :ph34r: :w00t:

Not a car in sight. They rode like this for as long as I could see them.

Did the lady have her car parked inside the cycle lane, while she was putting her make-up on.

(flame suit ON - fire away) :ph34r: :w00t:

Not a car in sight. They rode like this for as long as I could see them.

I must say that this weekend it was even crazier, but its really cool seeing all the people with their squeaky bikes that havent seen sunlight since the 947 last year pedaling away. Some teaching their wives the "art of drafting", other pushing their lighties up the hills.... Very cool!

It was so busy that I decided to only go mid morning to miss the masses and even the I had to park 500m away from Something Country, and 4hours into my ride its was 38c up Sterkies.

I must however say that I did see a few club groups riding like total idiots again, 4-5 abreast on the road past Something Country, where there is no shoulder, and the cars cannot pass as there are cyclist coming in the opposite direction.

These are the more experienced guys, and instead of seeing this as crazy season and acting responsibly, they carry on as if these "noobs" (as I heard a few of them being called) invading "their" route and riding like douches.

Not the way to get more guys into the sport or win anymore motorist friends.

Drove to the Cycle fair and was amazed by the arrogance of a group riding with black and Red VO Jerseys. Rode 4 to 5 abreast taking up the whole cycling and normal lane! 

Being a cyclist myself, I felt irritated by their arrogance and can understand why normal road users Hate "us Cyclists".

This is our club and I can assure you that riding like that is not the norm and definitely against our club ride rules. Thanks for letting us know I will take it up with all the ride captains to ensure that this don't happen again.

I must say that this weekend it was even crazier, but its really cool seeing all the people with their squeaky bikes that havent seen sunlight since the 947 last year pedaling away. Some teaching their wives the "art of drafting", other pushing their lighties up the hills.... Very cool!

It was so busy that I decided to only go mid morning to miss the masses and even the I had to park 500m away from Something Country, and 4hours into my ride its was 38c up Sterkies.

I must however say that I did see a few club groups riding like total idiots again, 4-5 abreast on the road past Something Country, where there is no shoulder, and the cars cannot pass as there are cyclist coming in the opposite direction.

These are the more experienced guys, and instead of seeing this as crazy season and acting responsibly, they carry on as if these "noobs" (as I heard a few of them being called) invading "their" route and riding like douches.

Not the way to get more guys into the sport or win anymore motorist friends.

Agreed, it is a great vibe and IMO it adds to the whole 94.7 experience. I even saw a guy still rocking his sticker on his helmet from last year's race.

The volume of cyclists out there just shows the growth of the sport in SA which is very cool:)

Archived