JSE Investing

Wayne Potgieter

Satrix have a number of products (donated by the letters STX) as for US Equities the DBXUS which tracks the S&P 500.

Interesting, looks a decent organisation...

So, the question is, which is the intelligent Satrix option at this point... Here they are: www.satrixnow.co.za/Equity

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting, looks a decent organisation...

So, the question is, which is the intelligent Satrix option at this point... Here they are: www.satrixnow.co.za/Equity

Long term (+ 5 years) I would punt the SATRIX Resi now and in a years time depending on whether we hit an inflation level of above 6% I would start investing in the Fini. The Swix is the " market " without resources so not bad short term and I would stay away from the DIVI. All at your own risk!

Long term (+ 5 years) I would punt the SATRIX Resi now and in a years time depending on whether we hit an inflation level of above 6% I would start investing in the Fini. The Swix is the " market " without resources so not bad short term and I would stay away from the DIVI. All at your own risk!

This is excellent advice.

i am a huge fan of satrix products.

Markets dropped by 3% yesterday.

2 reason I can think of:

1. England (Boris Johnson , mayor of London) saying it would like to exit the EU. Cameron against it.

2. Strengthening of the Rand 

Edited by Goodbadugly

Markets dropped by 3% yesterday.

2 reason I can think of:

1. England (Boris Johnson , mayor of London) saying it would like to exit the EU. Cameron against it.

2. Strengthening of the Rand 

I had a good day in the NZX markets today.

post-18409-0-22322800-1456289007_thumb.png

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

This is excellent advice.

i am a huge fan of satrix products.

Thanks both! The RESI does look attractive, especially after reading how the battered BHP Biliton is a good long-term contrarian investment.

Just a quiet word of advice - never try and guess where the bottom is, rather wait for the recovery to start. 

so what you say hold tight :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

so what you say hold tight :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Fasten your seatbelts, I won't be surprised if we see another 10% (or more) drop in global markets. BIL that looked attractive to some yesterday lost 6% this morning. 

One thing is sure, more pain ahead but also opportunity. Just be careful. 

Fasten your seatbelts, I won't be surprised if we see another 10% (or more) drop in global markets. BIL that looked attractive to some yesterday lost 6% this morning. 

One thing is sure, more pain ahead but also opportunity. Just be careful. 

you half fill guys are all cut from the same cloth, when there is blood on the street buy property,,,, :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

you half fill guys are all cut from the same cloth, when there is blood on the street buy property,,,, :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Follow the mans advice dips....  :)

Is there any property left to buy after you guys are finished?  :eek:  Saying that I'm not a massive fan of property as investment. Yes I know I'll probably take a hiding for saying that but so be it. However, I need to qualify that statement. Using the banks money to buy and the tenants money to pay it back can be very lucrative, provided of course the tenants pays and your property is not hi-jacked. 

Just a quiet word of advice - never try and guess where the bottom is, rather wait for the recovery to start. 

On that topic, I recently heard a well known industry expert say that no one really knows where the "bottom" for oil is and the real bottom is infact $0/barrel.  :w00t:

Is there any property left to buy after you guys are finished?  :eek:  Saying that I'm not a massive fan of property as investment. Yes I know I'll probably take a hiding for saying that but so be it. However, I need to qualify that statement. Using the banks money to buy and the tenants money to pay it back can be very lucrative, provided of course the tenants pays and your property is not hi-jacked. 

*and you find a property that's significantly undervalued compared to the rental income it can command, so that the effect of related expenses does not erode your "income" and actually makes it a viable investment...