The Munga 2015

StevieL

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realised that about 6 years ago we got onto a train at cape town station with a 1 way ticket up the N1. With our bikes and no backup.

About 6 days later we rolled into diemersfontein. (heat was a major issue - access to water was a big problem for us to plan around).

http://theblanketsaga.blogspot.co.za/2009/12/day-2-sahara-ride.html

Man there is just something about being free on a bike, if the Munga is just too much race race race for you but the idea of bikepacking appeals then go for it.

Total cost of the trip was about R600pp.

are you gonna carry with this intensity for 3 days @nathrix?  :D

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

Current positions: Justice Makhale: 35.3 km; Kobus Barnard: 35.4 km; Trevor Seinen: 35.0 km; Gerald Cele: 35.1 km; Renato Sabbioni: 34.8 km; (0 minutes ago) -- at 01:23:06 PM (SAST) 12/02/15

This reminds me of the first ever big brother screening on DSTV! 

I could not stop watching!

I am following this intensively

Current positions: Chris Van Zyl: 52.2 km; Trevor Seinen: 51.7 km; John Ntuli: 50.7 km; Justice Makhale: 50.4 km; Grant Usher: 50.4 km; (0 minutes ago) -- at 02:00:11 PM (SAST) 12/02/15

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 2m2 minutes ago
@Trev_TheBeast sitting in front! Nearing Waterpoint 1. Blistering pace. Nice tail wind and overcast conditions.

The Munga ‏@TheMungaMTB 2m2 minutes ago

Waterpoint 1. Waiting...62km in.

Where's the water?

The countdown timer on their website went past 12h so now its counting further away from the start...  :blush:

Archived