Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

Please can you assist with identifying the two riders (we will refrain from using the term "mountain bikers") who were caught riding up the concrete road on Bloemendal.

Any info can be forwarded to info@tygerbergmtb.co.za

post-32819-0-24062600-1418040375_thumb.jpg

post-32819-0-50012200-1418040380_thumb.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...is the emblem on the long sleeve rider's riding shorts a yellow Africa depiction?

As in:

post-41238-0-95068600-1418041064_thumb.jpg

Because if it is, I know who that is.  Used to be my boss.

Well done Tygerberg MTB for placing this request on this forum. I am sure these culprits will shortly be identified. It

is rogue riders like these that make landowners furious.Without the goodwill of the landowners there will be no more single tracks,

switchbacks, berms, wooden bridges through pristine forests etc. In short , all mountain bikers, will be banned from their properties

and the only option will be gravel grovelling on boring district

roads. It is as usual, a few bad apples that spoil everything for

those hundreds of mountain bikers who abide by the rules.

IMAGINE A REFRESHING CHANGE,,

instead of hunting them down they came forward and  said

Hi my name is plank im sorry

Can this legally be done? Posting someones picture and making a claim like that?

Just asking......I know what the club is trying to achieve here, but are you guys not on thin ice doing it like this?

Can this legally be done? Posting someones picture and making a claim like that?

Just asking......I know what the club is trying to achieve here, but are you guys not on thin ice doing it like this?

Its Afrika, there is no ice only dust

If they were trespassing then it would be a crime, so as long as Tygerberg MTB are sure of their facts then I don't see any court anywhere seeing it as defarmation of anything else.

was the person taking the pics riding and using strava at the time?  If so, go to Stravalabs, and plonk the activity number ID in there and see if they weren't using it also - if they did, it wll show their accounts at the point where you took the photo.  Longshot, and a little bit stalker vibes, but may be a winner.

drop me a pm if you are unsure what I mean.

Sorry you have got to be Sh****ng me !!!!

Nope. Private land, members only, and that particular section is OFF LIMITS, for everyone. 

That MTB club has a very, very tenuous relationship with the landowners, due to previous incidents such as this. ALL riders are to display numberboards, no excuse. Day ticket holders are only allowed in certain sections of the Tygerberg MTB trails by order of the land owners. 

Archived