Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it at Velo while it was being put back together. Very kief build and a very well executed paint job. I assume you took some inspiration from the Santa Cruz 5010?

Dit is loshande die mooiste trance wat ek al gesien het. Even prettier than the stealth trance that sk27 rides that was my favourite until I saw yours.

Suddenly I am thinking of a custom paint job on my singlespeed again....

Yip, the Santa Cruz 5010 was my inspiration - just love that Blue

I love it! At least it's not another soft tail. Beautiful bike. Fetched my Silverback from Hermanus today, now I need to decide between the Talon and the Vida

What's the riding like near Hermanus?

I usually ride a road bike when in SA but I'd prefer a mountain bike. We stay in Kleinmond.

There are quite a few nice trails in the Kleinmond and Hermanus. On Betty's Bay side just past Palmiet you have the Kogelberg nature reserve that has some jeep track to ride.

Towards Hermanus side there are some trails on the Honingklip farm just past Arabella.

In Sandbaai just before Hermanus there is the Hemel-en-Aarde trail network that starts from Euodia Cycles, they are in the complex to your left heading towards Hermanus.

If you are willing to do a bit of traveling, you can drive over the mountain via the N2 to Grabouw where you'll find some more nice trails like Paul Cluver and Oak Valley.

You should be able to find more info on all of these trails on the net. Good luck.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

What's the riding like near Hermanus?

I usually ride a road bike when in SA but I'd prefer a mountain bike. We stay in Kleinmond.

See above comment. [emoji115]

There are quite a few nice trails in the Kleinmond and Hermanus. On Betty's Bay side just past Palmiet you have the Kogelberg nature reserve that has some jeep track to ride.

Towards Hermanus side there are some trails on the Honingklip farm just past Arabella.

In Sandbaai just before Hermanus there is the Hemel-en-Aarde trail network that starts from Euodia Cycles, they are in the complex to your left heading towards Hermanus.

If you are willing to do a bit of traveling, you can drive over the mountain via the N2 to Grabouw where you'll find some more nice trails like Paul Cluver and Oak Valley.

You should be able to find more info on all of these trails on the net. Good luck.

Thank you ????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Makes me think of a pavement special, Giant frame, lefty shock and drops. But as we all know, those pavement specials are the toughest. Nice build you've got going there.