Where Giants Roam...post'em

s14phoenix

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool picture. Would have been cooler if your clean Helmut was in the foreground........

Yissie how could I forget that! I'll have it hanging from the handlebar next time. Still had it on, smelt so nice and lime-like from yesterdays wash in the dishwasher. 

I really am very blessed to have that stop on my daily commute home every day. I changed jobs once just so I could keep having this as my daily commute. 

It's all in the mind. Remember you are only as old as the bike you ride. My dad is 65 and rides a Trek X-caliber, so it can be done. Don't get me wrong, I think Giant makes some gorgeous dualies, but I will always opt for the harder option  :thumbup:

Nice pics, next time hit it on a hardtail.

Horses for courses.

As someone who has both a hardtail and a fullsus, I categorically state that if I had to have only one bike, it would be the fullsus. There are very little riding scenarios where a hardtail is more fun, they are however faster. So that leaves the gravel road - and some races as hardtail territory.

For me it is about low maintenance, high mileage. I ride my bike 6 days a week and usually clock up 200+ km per week, the majority of it is off-road. Having a hardtail that is 1x10 means I have less parts that require maintenance. 

For me it is about low maintenance, high mileage. I ride my bike 6 days a week and usually clock up 200+ km per week, the majority of it is off-road. Having a hardtail that is 1x10 means I have less parts that require maintenance.

That makes sense. Fair enough.

ust my 2cents, the maintenance costs on a fullsus are not that much higher. If you regularly check and lube you won't be changing linkage bearings every other month rather more like once a year. They are also not high cost items.

Most modern fullsus bikes also have the ability to lock-out.

The main difference, and again more pronounced at the hig-end, is weight.

HT are lighter, no 2 ways about it.

ust my 2cents, the maintenance costs on a fullsus are not that much higher. If you regularly check and lube you won't be changing linkage bearings every other month rather more like once a year. They are also not high cost items.

Most modern fullsus bikes also have the ability to lock-out.

The main difference, and again more pronounced at the hig-end, is weight.

HT are lighter, no 2 ways about it.

Don't forget about the service costs of the back shock as well. Regular oil change is okay, but the full damper service is expensive. Edited by PhilipV