Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

now that I have exodus setup on kodi...whats the sporting equivalent?

realise i could go DSTV Now and use my b -in laws account...but that feels like cheating

Try SportsDevil....then choose live sports then LSHunter.tv works most of the time. what I have learnt in the three weeks of Kodi, is that in the beginning its a lot of trail and error but so worth it

We had people over the weekend before last, one guy used his DSTV details and ticked the "remember me"option....but funny enough haven't used it once since then

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try SportsDevil....then choose live sports then LSHunter.tv works most of the time. what I have learnt in the three weeks of Kodi, is that in the beginning its a lot of trail and error but so worth it

We had people over the weekend before last, one guy used his DSTV details and ticked the "remember me"option....but funny enough haven't used it once since then

ok..so sportsdevil is still the go to add on - will remember the lshunter.tv tip....although truth be told..I dont watch too much sports these days...and the tour was and the olympics are both on ITV which is easily accessible

Stretch and RudoJ. Do you use a VPN or similar service? I can't get FTV to work and only 1 or 2 items on Sportsdevil. I can see them but the streams just don't open.

now that I have exodus setup on kodi...whats the sporting equivalent?

realise i could go DSTV Now and use my b -in laws account...but that feels like cheating

Install Phoenix and go to Phoenix Sports. They have the SkySports feed, BT Sport, Eurosport, ESPN, FOX etc.

Not always able to watch everything though....

On Sports Devil, some of the streams have a schedule option that will give you broadcast times of all sport available on that stream. You can add that to your Sports Devil Favorites. (I would advise it as sometimes trying to remember which stream worked last time is not that easy. You can always delete it later if it isn't what you were looking for...)

Stretch and RudoJ. Do you use a VPN or similar service? I can't get FTV to work and only 1 or 2 items on Sportsdevil. I can see them but the streams just don't open.

getflix

does FTV need a vpn? I know Tvplayer does

getflix

does FTV need a vpn? I know Tvplayer does

I don't know but can only assume it does since I can't get any feeds. I get a message with a rotating wait icon and then nothing. no feeds work so I can only assume I need a vpn

I really don't know what the vpn you guys are talking about :blush:

Had a friend in IT set up the whole thing on our TV at home. All I know is that our 4mbs uncapped wireless internet connection at home works like a charm, and that to streamline our setup at `home I need to get me a raspberry pi box thingamajic or a smart tv even :whistling:

Nice tip from Grebel there about phoenix

Made the cut 1 Aug now. Already using Kodi. If I really need Supersport, like the Super Rugby final this week. I will just invite my buddy over and let him enter his DSTV now

Made the cut 1 Aug now. Already using Kodi. If I really need Supersport, like the Super Rugby final this week. I will just invite my buddy over and let him enter his DSTV now

Its been almost two years since I had any form of tv other than IPTV.

Cant say I miss dstv in the least, everything is now on demand and my 10mb line with 250GB cap makes sure I can stream to my hearts content.

what fibre service providers are people using?

went to upgrade my line to 8Mb and I see the best I can get is what i have...4Mb

and..if I get fibre..can I ditch telkom...oh wait..I cant because of my bloody alarm

went to upgrade my line to 8Mb and I see the best I can get is what i have...4Mb

and..if I get fibre..can I ditch telkom...oh wait..I cant because of my bloody alarm

Stretch, ask your alarm company to quote you on a Cellular unit. No need for a Telkom line. Cellular is around R50 a month extra and it can send through zone info. You can also use a radio link with an anual license fee but it can't send zone info when the alarm is triggered.

My fibre is via Vumatel. Using Cipherwave as my ISP. Chose the symmetrical 20Mbps option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My fibre is via Vumatel. Using Cipherwave as my ISP. Chose the symmetrical 20Mbps option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that has to be the most user unfriendly website I have come across! lol they seems expensive though.

This is what I have sourced so far:

- Vox - 20Mbps - 100Gb - R848/month (R1700 installation)

- WebAfrica - 20Mbps - 120Gb (1000Gb 12-6am) - R788/month (i think there is installation fee but cant see)

- Telkom - 20Mbps - 50Gb - R849/month (I think installation is free) BUT 24 month contract

- Mweb 20Mbps - 50Gb (plus 50Gb nightime) - R699/month (free installation) 12 month contract

There is the Vuma installation fee of 1,710.

My ISP connection was 988.

I selected the uncapped option but it's soft cap limited at 588Gb.

Monthly price of 688.

Edit.

Forgot to add, that I'm on a month to month option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RossW

signed up for 10Mb Uncapped solution from ISP afrika - includes free install and router

my gaelic blood couldn't spend the extras 300 bucks for the 20mb uncapped option - 10Mb is still more than double my current speed which allows streaming at 480p no problem..so I cant see why I would need anything more than 10Mb

edit: gonna can my telkom and get gprs transmitter for my alarm and buy some skype credit for any phonecalls that need to happen

4.5 US cents per minute

8.9 US cents per minute to mobile no... and thats cheaper than vodacom

Edited by Stretch