Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

DSTV is like that ex that just keeps coming back - hahahaa

said goodbye last year before the TDF then welcomed it back, and now with NetFlix set up and working nicely - gonna say goodbye again this week and maybe hopefully find a better TDF solution come June/ July 

but I'm gonna upgrade my mom to the full package  :blush: - just can't get away from this damm thing. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone solved the issue of how to get sports content locally - otherwise I will need to keep my DSTV subscription which pains me.

Kodi and Sports devil.

Apparently.....

Edited by Grebel

Like I said before, If I want to watch the TDF or Any Rugby, I just log onto supersport website with my FB Account, and voila, I can watch all live Rugby TDF and any other sports on SS1-SS8

said goodbye last year before the TDF then welcomed it back, and now with NetFlix set up and working nicely - gonna say goodbye again this week and maybe hopefully find a better TDF solution come June/ July

but I'm gonna upgrade my mom to the full package :blush: - just can't get away from this damm thing.

Speak to me at the time.. I streamed the whole thing through Eurosport

Speak to me at the time.. I streamed the whole thing through Eurosport

How do you stream Erosport?

Just had a brainwave. Connected via VPN - the content on US Netflix is vastly different! It's insane

VPN works, but Unotelly DNS removes the reliance on the internet breakout speed from where your VPN is terminating in the US.

With the DNS option you use your own bandwidth all the way to the Netflix US servers directly, with VPN you say have 10Mbps from your house to the VPN server and possibly share 100Mbps between hundreds of people - unless you have a private server with a decent breakout that you are using, :-))

Yeah, main thing is I don't want to miss any cycling!!

So the coverage for cycling is just as good or better than DSTV....based on what you've described above?

Ok so bare with me here cos I'm stupid today :eek: ....its the heat.

A lot of the cycling I watch on PVR because of work etc. Are there repeats if you cant watch it live?

There have been many topics on cycling streams.

Every European and most other races are available on the pirate streaming sites, have been for years. Picture quality has improved in past year or so but still not HD but at most races you have a choice of the commentators you want to listen to, and languages.

Eurosport player is fee based and will give you every race they cover.

There are a few youtube channels that have the last hour or two, ad free, of the major races in HD a few hours after completion of the race so PVR/recording becomes irrelevant.

I have watched every classic, GT and most other races in this way for a few years. Only ballache has been syncing the picture on the stream to HD picture on the DSTV feed. But even that has become easy.

but I'm gonna upgrade my mom to the full package  :blush: - just can't get away from this damm thing. 

Like I said before, If I want to watch the TDF or Any Rugby, I just log onto supersport website with my FB Account, and voila, I can watch all live Rugby TDF and any other sports on SS1-SS8

DSTV streaming is behind a login that is meant to be for customers only but systems don't always work...

Best suggestion is find someone with DSTV like an elderly parent and use their account to register. Then use that username and password to watch your sport streamed in low quality. Also works on ipads etc for anything on catchup. You just need a paid up account.

How does Unotelly influence Showmax? Smaak the dutchie content on it but would like the US Netflix version.

UnoTelly won't influence ShowMax. UnoTelly is selective to particular sites / web addresses for example www.netflix.com and www.hulu.com and only "intervenes" when one of the those addresses are requested.

UnoTelly won't influence ShowMax. UnoTelly is selective to particular sites / web addresses for example www.netflix.com and www.hulu.com and only "intervenes" when one of the those addresses are requested.

Cool thanks. I have a smarttv & appletv and was thinking of setting up the DNS address at the incoming router so that all the devices connected to the router will see the Unotelly address. Do you reckon this will work? At the moment I'm using googledns.