Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I never.... We still had an old analogue decoder paying only for mnet. When we left we handed it over to my folks.. Kept it in our name and changed the address and phone numbers. They do not allow transferring old decoders and insist the person gets a DStv subscription.

Today they came and replaced the analogue decoder with a pvr DStv decoder tuned only to mnet and ss1. They still pay the same but get digital as opposed to analogue. I would have thought they would have just turned off the analogue signal and be done with it. Quite dumbfounded actually

I'm looking to switch my uncapped adsl line from Telkom to capped. Any suggestions where to go? My average usage per month is about 120Gb, so a 150gb package will be fine. 

Telkom throttles my speed too much especially between 18:00 and 20:00 in the evenings when streaming videos. Will switching to another provider change anything?

It's possibly been covered in the previous 59 pages but.....it's F1 and MotoGP that keeps me wedded to DSTV Premium  :mellow:

What are the streaming options, if any?

I kept my DSTV for the Sport, but apart from the Australian tennis final I didn’t watch anything for the last 4/5 months. There are so much content on Netflix, kodi and youtube that I dont even consider DSTV. Even before I started streaming I had a Telkom 2mbg uncapped line, I thought that I would have to up the speed, but I dont have any issues streaming multiple devices at once.

It's possibly been covered in the previous 59 pages but.....it's F1 and MotoGP that keeps me wedded to DSTV Premium  :mellow:

What are the streaming options, if any?

Sky F1 is a great channel for F1. I watch through Sportsdonkey.club as the feed is good quality.

BT1 has the motogp and World SBK also through Sportsdonkey.

Full Olympics coverage on Eurosport 1 & 2 at the moment.

Local Rugby is more challenging to find.

Sky F1 is a great channel for F1. I watch through Sportsdonkey.club as the feed is good quality.

BT1 has the motogp and World SBK also through Sportsdonkey.

Full Olympics coverage on Eurosport 1 & 2 at the moment.

Local Rugby is more challenging to find.

Sly sports 2 or 3 often show the super rugby

DSTV cancelled and going off for the last time on the 5th March  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

What are you going to get as a replacement? I have the DStv now app on my media box from my sister in law and I'm going to take it off. Once you realise that you can access content on demand DSTV seems archaic.

Anyone coming right with HD Netflix on those Android TV boxes? Seems Neflix only supports 'approved' devices for their HD and UHD streams

Anyone coming right with HD Netflix on those Android TV boxes? Seems Neflix only supports 'approved' devices for their HD and UHD streams

I'm running Netflix on a mygica android box. I seem to think you had to load a specific APK.

I might be answering a question you aren't asking. And come to think of it I'm talking about the DStv now app. Apologies.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...