Goodbye Dstv

corriekuilder

How good is the streaming quality on Netflix? I have a 2mb ADSL account...not superfast.

I streamed it on 2mb

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been off DSTV a good 3 or so years now, only really watch sport, series and movies.

Just acquired a 'decoder' from Dubai (50Dhms, about R150). Hooked it up to my old DSTV dish & LNB, chose HOTBIRD AND PAS7 and searched. 

Came up with about 25 free channels.

However, these are all religious and not something I was hoping for!!!!

I've not adjusted the dish at all, so I'm assuming I'm receiving the same satellite that DSTV run.

I KNOW DANGEROUS LITTLE ABOUT THIS, I KNOW HOW TO ADJUST A DISH, EAST, WEST, UP AND DOWN and using a compass.

Anyone here know more than me and happy to tell me what to do, or if  I'm just wasting my time????

Is there anything other than religious on FREE TO AIR?????

my neighbour yeeeears ago did this and he got some european channels too...im sure google will tell you where to point your dish to get the best/most free channels

So you only load balancing the two lines?  Not bonding them?  

Who's your provider?

Decent speed  you got there :-)

Bonding is very difficult. It has to be done at source and at destination. My ISP is telkom.

The load balancer works well for P2P as it is not one connection to one source. 

R600 for that load balancer and bobs your aunty.

Remember the Red Bull app is streaming the XCO today for those without DSTV. Actually I don't know if DSTV is showing it !

4mb DSL plus smart DNS proxy plus roku unit and bobs ur uncle, am running nedflix currently but can run tons more.

Costs smartdnsproxy 2$, nedflix 7$ and the DSL that I would of had anyway.

Hi all I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this for me. I canned my DSTV about 2 years ago and get movies and series from mates. I have also bought a Popcorn hour media player which I basically use as a hard drive but can use it to watch you tube etc what is the best app or whatever that I can download to use to watch sporting event series etc. I'm probably one of the least tech savvy people so if anybody can help please explain SLOWLY. Thanks.

Remember a few years ago when DSTV had this advert and actually said that it's your own fault if you don't use the TV guide to plan your viewing around repeats.

Remember a few years ago when DSTV had this advert and actually said that it's your own fault if you don't use the TV guide to plan your viewing around repeats.

Then a bit longer ago, when they had a big price hike there was this advert were they asked people on street what they would do without DSTV, mostly kids and teenagers.

One had a answer : " Eish I will cry!"

( Ja,,, wait til you have to pay that bill - then you'le cry! )

One had a answer : " Eish I will cry!"

( Ja,,, wait til you have to pay that bill - then you'le cry! )

My favourite childhood memory is not having to pay bills... ;)

Not sure how anyone could say they need it, what with all the loadshedding nothing works half the time anyway... ;)

Might end up saying hello dstv again for le tour. Watched highlight packages for the giro and a few live feeds in Italian... Not the same.

oH Fiddled with the pi, no win... I just can't when I get home ... Lazy

Might end up saying hello dstv again for le tour. Watched highlight packages for the giro and a few live feeds in Italian... Not the same.

If you have your Pi up and running with kodi, make sure you have either or both Expat tv or the FTV addon installed. Go to the website filmontv and register, keep your login details. When you use either of the addons for the first time it will ask for your filmontv login details.

The UK channel ITV4 is covering the TdF live !

You can't come here and tell us you're going to go back to them when we're all ranting and raving how we're moving away from those wallet draining parasites.

If you have your Pi up and running with kodi, make sure you have either or both Expat tv or the FTV addon installed. Go to the website filmontv and register, keep your login details. When you use either of the addons for the first time it will ask for your filmontv login details.

British Eorosport showed the Giro in English.

To find ITV4 and Eurosport go to myiplayer.com. 

Need a UK VPN to watch catchup, but that's easy enough.

I'll try again...with the fold I'm sure I'll have more hours indoors to fiddle before the tour.

]quote name="carbon29er" post="2635666" timestamp="1433358824"]Go to http://www.steephill.tv/and watch every cycle race live. In English. World wide. For free. Or take a subscription to http://cyclingtv.neulion.com/cycling/

So many links on those pages I never know where to go, and then in most cases it's interviews or photos? Then sometimes my internet security goes ballistic. Me being doff?

You can't come here and tell us you're going to go back to them when we're all ranting and raving how we're moving away from those wallet draining parasites.

Rules. You got too many rules Lurch. ;p