Psych ward 012 (PTA)

SPARTA-cus

As of today our fair little purple city has gone ape sh#t!!! Again.

December in Pretoria was heaven. As a shopper, as a diner and most of all a CYCLIST! While half of Gauteng were busy pissing off the slow paced WP folk, the people here had a ball on the roads.

Until today..

I clocked off early and decided to go for a quick ride with my girlfriend's place as n quick stop over to pick up my wallet. We live 8km apart... And death was all around.

Motorist taking stupid chances just to get into a lane that's moving a litter faster. People jumping stop streets and robots. A guy making a u-turn in Duncan almost hit me from behind when he realized he had turned up a one way... Luckily I followed his actions. I had to pull on my breaks and slammed into the paving. That's when I snapped. I gave a loud whistle and shouted "oi!! Watch what you are doing. For f#ck sakes". He stopped to apologized and ask not to swear at him... He went on to say that I overreacted and that I would've been fine if he had indeed hit me.... WTF???

I only managed 20km for the day. Rather safe than sorry... Unfortunately at my riding pleasure's expense!

It's a jungle out there fellow cyclist! Please be careful?

Guest DieBees

Jip. West coast is very quet. For some reason I suspect they have all gone back to guess where.... ja you got it. GAUTENG

Be vigiland on the roads.

On the other hand...

The Cape is now a much more peaceful place ...

Now that Gauteng holidays are over...

I would love to move to the Western Cape,specifically Simonstown area,the lifestyle is so relaxed,and cycling there is basically a dream. Given there are isolated incidents of jackings and road rage,but in general its cleaner,and safer.

I made the mistake of going into town on Saturday.

FARK!!!

The birthday partiers were making the roads impassable, luckily I could zip between the cars clogging up the junctions.

On my way out a truck passed close enough to remove the enamel from my teeth!

There was a pretty spectacular wind pushing me back, as I was zipping along the cycle path I saw in the distance what looked like someone hunched over wearing a TT helmet. As I got closer I saw it was a guy with dreads on a normal bike; the wind was so strong it was streamlining them into the classic time-trial shape.

He didn't look too comfortable though...

Nice to see the majority of GPers have returned to their nests.

There goes the WC economy again...

False, we have figured out that if we have good on-line shops in the WC we can still fleece you lot from up country, and with less effort.

At least now with the rich up country lot out of the WC, I hope the local eateries will drop their prices to poor people prices again :P

This hell hole called Pretoria is getting more stupid by the minute! 

The amount of impatiens and inhumanity is really getting me down and it is not getting any better. 

KZN is bliss again..... 

And we have cellphonwe reception again as well not that the network is not overloaded on the coast... 

:clap:  :clap: