Caravaning and Camping.

Mousea

Quick one on the size of the tent. i am wanting to buy canvas tent for me and my two boys (15yrs and 7). is 2.5mx2.5mx1.8m canvas tent okay for us? i think 3.0mx3.0mx2.2m is way too bigĀ 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick one on the size of the tent. i am wanting to buy canvas tent for me and my two boys (15yrs and 7). is 2.5mx2.5mx1.8m canvas tent okay for us? i think 3.0mx3.0mx2.2m is way too bigĀ 

Personally I would go with the 3 x 3, it gives you a fair amount of extra room and makes standing up (very underrated) a lot easier.

Personally I would go with the 3 x 3, it gives you a fair amount of extra room and makes standing up (very underrated) a lot easier.

Agreed

And if its pouring with rain you will be thankful

I have had a 3 x 3 for 28 years and it is brilliant.Indestructible.

There is a knack to sticking it up.I have done it on my own often

Heavy but worth it

I agree with Kranswurm, I'm really glad we got the 3x3m. Especially when you are camping for some couple of days.

Ā 

But then again, when they both become teenagers they'll probably want to sleep in their own tent.

Edited by PhilipV

Especially if you are going dome tent. The extra half meter makes a difference with the sloping sides.

great. will buy 3x3Ā  :clap:

3 x 3 is a great size.

Putting up is not to difficult.

Look onĀ  YouTube how to fold it back up, there is a demo video and it works like a bomb. As folding back up correctly is the hardest part.

Ā 

Happy Camping

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

not going camping this Easter :thumbdown:

Very sad, but just have to many other things going on.

And Wife's school holidays don't coincide with Daughter's

Will be first time in 8 years

not going camping this Easter :thumbdown:

Very sad, but just have to many other things going on.

And Wife's school holidays don't coincide with Daughter's

Will be first time in 8 years

I'm still trying to think of when to take my little family camping, and of course to choose a camping spot that's not too far from home but that's also safe and secure. The last time I went camping was in 2013.

I'm still trying to think of when to take my little family camping, and of course to choose a camping spot that's not too far from home but that's also safe and secure. The last time I went camping was in 2013.

First time we took my lightie camping he was 23 months. Not sure he quite got it yet but at least he was at that age that you can ask him to try help and he attempts it. We have said we will only go again when the twins are about 2yrs. We went to Pilanesburg so at least there was still stuff for him to do when we were not in the park.

• 2 months later...