Caravaning and Camping.

Mousea

We dont have a rooftop and have always camped on the ground in either a 3 man hiking tent or the 3m canvas dome tent.Never felt threatened by lion,hyena or ellies.

Had them in and around the campsite often and just gone back to sleep

Its fine

No food in the tents and keep them closed

Until we read an article about a family mauled to death ..and we all collectively say..well what did they expect would happen, we will also first assume they were yank tourist...[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we read an article about a family mauled to death ..and we all collectively say..well what did they expect would happen, we will also first assume they were yank tourist...[emoji6]

I don't walk out on to the pan at midnight at full moon for a slash anymore tho.....

Speaking of which did anyone see that video doing the rounds of that guy being mauled by the lion?

Speaking of which did anyone see that video doing the rounds of that guy being mauled by the lion?

Yip...

Owner of the property... lion was unfortunately put down.

Yip...

Owner of the property... lion was unfortunately put down.

Most distressing

Yip...

Owner of the property... lion was unfortunately shot.

ftfy

Been tempted to save some moola for one of these - https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/All-Game-Categories/Sports-%26-Leisure/Camping-%26-Hiking/Tents-%26-Gazebos/Family-Cabin-Tent-510/p/00707354

I have a 4 person dome tent, but I assume it won't be suitable for our daughter who is just over a year old.

I bought a picnic braai from Spar for the sole purpose of camping, so ek moet 'n plan maak.

Didn't watch it myself, just heard about it. Hectic to say the least.

ftfy

Sorry yes.. shot not put down..

Been tempted to save some moola for one of these - https://www.game.co.za/game-za/en/All-Game-Categories/Sports-%26-Leisure/Camping-%26-Hiking/Tents-%26-Gazebos/Family-Cabin-Tent-510/p/00707354

I have a 4 person dome tent, but I assume it won't be suitable for our daughter who is just over a year old.

I bought a picnic braai from Spar for the sole purpose of camping, so ek moet 'n plan maak.

Why not?

I am a pretty hard bastard and not fazed by much but that video disturbed me

I am sure you've seen lions attack and drag prey away before.

I probably should have more sympathy for humans..but when you put a lion in an enclosure at some point things will happen.

Edited by Gen

I am sure you've seen lions attack and drag pre away before.

I probably should have more sympathy for humans..but when you put a lion in an enclosure at some point things will happen.

Yes I have and yes you should...humans are not their natural prey

Yip.. humans are however easy prey and lions aren't stupid.

Yes I have and yes you should...humans are not their natural prey

Rather look at Canvas more expensive but way better.

We got this in November Campmor Senior Combo