loadshedding

Matchstix

Loafing around on a hot sunday afternoon I was looking at the load shedding schedule for Cape area.

What I found interesting that certain areas are excluded from load shedding.

The airport I can understand, as well as areas with military bases, the rest I don't. On the map areas 17- 23 does not have a load shedding schedule

post-3345-0-80332300-1423409083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matchstix

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain areas are serviced by Eskom directly too, here in Parklands we do not have the luxury of floating load shedding schedules like the rest of Cape Town. Its 10:00 to 12:30 or 18:00 to 20:30. So you are guaranteed to be inconvenienced at least every second evening.

Love loadshedding.All the kids come out to play and make a noise in the complex instead of watching tv

Its like having to travel for work. Fun the first few times and then you realize how it disrupts your life. We are shedded every second night from 6 to 8:30, so we braai at least every second evening. Winter time will be interesting to say the least. At present I am not starting the gennie up, but may in future.

Slowly but surely starting to irritate the crap out of me ..... After yesterday's shedding our Neotel router has lost its configuration, struggled for an hour to get my son's extraview going again and it looks like my pool timer is toast. My brother's geyser has stopped working he's here to have a shower .....

Its like having to travel for work. Fun the first few times and then you realize how it disrupts your life. We are shedded every second night from 6 to 8:30, so we braai at least every second evening. Winter time will be interesting to say the least. At present I am not starting the gennie up, but may in future.

I travel to Maputo every week for 3 days and find my life completely disrupted.

The only good thing is there is no load shedding there...or so it seems.....

I travel to Maputo every week for 3 days and find my life completely disrupted.

The only good thing is there is no load shedding there...or so it seems.....

I find it hard to stomach that we still export electricity during these times.