Spare a thought for my ex-wife

Tumbleweed

Kelly was hit this morning from behind by a car. As far as I can make out - sorry, there were a lot of people giving me details at the same time, so things are muddled a bit - it was near where Pretoria Road links with Atlas. She's in the Linmed now - which was kind of a reversal us: it's normally her waiting to hear news about my condition. 

I saw her about two hours ago. She's fractured a vertebra, broken her nose, an injury to her left eye will be assessed tomorrow, and she's covered in bruises, cuts and roasties. When we left the hospital, she was being moved out of A&E to go to ICU.

Despite the pain, she's in great spirits, and managed some jokes with us. It's still too early to tell the extent and length of her recovery, but she'll be off the bike for a while. But, Kel's a tough cookie, and a stubborn one too, so she'll fight.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not nice to end the weekend like this. Trust that the healing process will be quick and uneventful. Advise her (don't tell her) to take it slow and rustig......vertebrae can be a bit of a problem if not looked after properly. Strongs to you also.....too close to home this.

Not nice to hear B. Will keep Kelly in my prayers. Strength to you and the boys as well. Keep us updated

Sorry to hear the sad news Barry, and wishing Kelly a full and speedy recovery.

This morning my wife and I cycled around the Atlantic Sea Board, Suikerbossie and Chappies, and we both had near brushes with vehicles from behind. Thankfully we can both reflect on a fantastic ride, but the margin is so small. 

Good luck and strongs!  Not the greatest injury to pick up.  Hope that the car stuck round to face the music.

Archived