Spare a thought for my ex-wife

Tumbleweed

Thanks all. Will see her shortly and pass on all the kind words.

Thanks, Harry. It happened at around 10 in the morning. The driver was apparently elderly, and claims he just "didn't see her". Kel's boyfriend, Shane, says it appears he tried to change lanes too late. He was sober and the cops were on the scene,.

Will post more details as I get them.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always k@k hearing about things like this.

Please let her know our thoughts are with her, and to you and the kids.

Poor Kel, she sounds pretty banged up :(

I'm glad it wasn't any worse, she is such a precious person. Hugs to the boys.

Just been to see Kel...

First off, she wanted me to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts.

She's very chipper today. Very little pain, and can move around quite a bit in bed. She was fitted for a back brace and apparently the orthopod and neurosurgeon want her to be as active as possible as quickly as possible - and haven't ruled out a quick return to the bike...well, after some physio first. She is seeing an opthamologist to assess her left eye, and an ENT will have a look at her nose later.

Kel has absolutely no recollection of the collision and very little recall of the scene when she came to.

Kel has a tight-knit family and a great support network. Our boys are mostly sorted - I say mostly because my eldest who's at boarding school in the Midlands is beside himself, and begging me to fly him home, but he'd be more of a hindrance than a help right now.  

Strongs to the family and especially to Kelly - perhaps it is a blessing she doesn't remember much about the incident.

Kel has a tight-knit family and a great support network. Our boys are mostly sorted - I say mostly because my eldest who's at boarding school in the Midlands is beside himself, and begging me to fly him home, but he'd be more of a hindrance than a help right now.  

Set up a skype call to him when you visit her - let him see and talk to her and he will calm down a lot.

Useful that yo ucan do it from a smartphone nowadays.

Just been to see Kel...

First off, she wanted me to thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts.

She's very chipper today. Very little pain, and can move around quite a bit in bed. She was fitted for a back brace and apparently the orthopod and neurosurgeon want her to be as active as possible as quickly as possible - and haven't ruled out a quick return to the bike...well, after some physio first. She is seeing an opthamologist to assess her left eye, and an ENT will have a look at her nose later.

Kel has absolutely no recollection of the collision and very little recall of the scene when she came to.

post-41755-0-85722800-1423482118_thumb.jpg

Good to hear!!!!

Set up a skype call to him when you visit her - let him see and talk to her and he will calm down a lot.

Useful that yo ucan do it from a smartphone nowadays.

Great idea! I'm talking to Conor in about 10 minutes. Kel said she'd chat to him later to reassure him. 

Oh, and I'm surprised no one's asked...her bike - a Stumpy - is a write-off. And this less than 24 hours after I took an S-Works off her hands. :blush:  

Archived