Suikerbosrand nature reserved Closed indefinately?

W1Z@RD

we all frogs in boiling pots,,,,,,,,,KEEP "BEING POSITIVE"

there is a common pattern, look around and smell the decay, this governmunt will not stop taking and wasting every last cent, then when they have taken everything they can they will just find another way to fill their coffers, then the people will still vote for them,

So sad, back in the 90's before it became popular to cycle there our club started a running marathon there (Bruce Fordyce 42 km, its now a 52 km and supposed to take place next month sometime). For the first ever marathon there I was the lead cyclist for the front runner. This was long before it became popular to cycle there. Even in those days the management was a bit "suspect" but they at least used to look after the facilities.

So sad, back in the 90's before it became popular to cycle there our club started a running marathon there (Bruce Fordyce 42 km, its now a 52 km and supposed to take place next month sometime). For the first ever marathon there I was the lead cyclist for the front runner. This was long before it became popular to cycle there. Even in those days the management was a bit "suspect" but they at least used to look after the facilities.

Sunward Striders, i still have my old vest. 

So I heard again over the weekend that SBR is closed off completely, no cars, no bikes, nada. Has anyone popped passed there perhaps that can confirm this info?

So I heard again over the weekend that SBR is closed off completely, no cars, no bikes, nada. Has anyone popped passed there perhaps that can confirm this info?

you can google it

it is true

seems like another corruption case causing the delays

Water project has been going on for years, still not completed

So where do we gautengers go now to get in some good training for the Jock later in July?

SBR is on my doorstep and could cycle there, do a lap or two and then cycle home but now I don't know where to go for some good climbing rides

From the editorial:

Lambasting the department, Lasindwa said: "The project was supposed to be completed in 2009. What happened all these years? Where is the department's project manager? How much have we really spent on this project? This is public money. You cannot spend it as if it is your own ..."

6 years after it was supposed to be completed they make this statement.

I am involved in construction and have worked on a couple of provincial/government contracts. For one the project managers from the provincial side has too many contracts running. I remember one stating to me once that he has 48 active projects, I was amazed!!!

He said the average is about 30 per PM. That is to much for even the best PM or PM firm even, and a lot of them are obviously not properly qualified which adds to the problem

Edited by Sharkie 2

I am involved in construction and have worked on a couple of provincial/government contracts. For one the project managers from the provincial side has too many contracts running. I remember one stating to me once that he has 48 active projects, I was amazed!!!

He said the average is about 30 per PM. That is to much for even the best PM or PM firm even, and a lot of them are obviously not properly qualified which adds to the problem

A friend of mine has tendered on a number of municipal/provincial tenders for civils. He pretty said the same thing, so it's happening all over.