Land Rover to be the Official Vehicle Sponsor of the Absa Cape Epic

News bot

So that's why the CTCT was shortened, they were stuck in the garage at home. :P

While all this was going on they did actually have a mechanical on a Defender with over 200 000 km on the clock :blush: As far as I know they managed to get it sorted. :thumbup:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought all those oil spills in Tokai were form the old machines cutting down the trees. Thanks for clearing that one up. :thumbup:

When I visit friends I never park in the brick paved driveway, I park in the rock garden! :D  ;)

Edited by DJR

Apart from the red bank, epic swap sponsors quite easily that's just the way it works but it doesn't really show they believe in the partner/products.

land rover is a good fit for mtb in general, but damn it's funny seeing the instant knee jerks on this thread! some more fire cred to them

http://www.vws.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DSC3130-Final-VWScopy.jpg

Back at the start of the Cape Epic brought to you by adidas we knew we were in for a tough day when we saw Land Cruisers being deployed on the slopes. Everyone was a lot more relaxed when it was a Landy.  One joker in this Cruiser even had a "Land Rover recovery vehicle", so popular on the platteland, sticker on the back door.

Ah, the good old days before gps, segments, and 29ers.

Love Landies actually. Always notice them on the road. Particularly the Defenders. They are stunning looking vehicles.

Last week I was driving and in front of me there was a 110 with a sticker that said " I would rather push a Landrover than drive a Land Cruiser". Had a good chuckle over that.

Never had the guts to buy a Landrover myself. I drive a Landcruiser.

Super honesty!! :-)

Must say..

I bought my 1st Landy - a Disco 3 with the V8 motor in 2007.

I had my fair share of issues over the years, some self inflicted, but that 4.4 Jag engine still runs like a dream after 231 000km.

Landys are like girls, you sometimes hate them, but you can't live without them.

My son is going to inherit the Landy when he goes to Maties next year. Me thinks it's going to be a super f@nny magnet!!!

Edited by Underachiever

I had a Disco .. stunning family car, miss it immensely

Then I got a Freelander, stunning car but not as spacious as the Disco.

But my dad always says the reason why the English do not build computers is because they can't leak oil....

and then they say you are rich if you buy a LR, but you are super rich if you buy a second hand LR...

Would I buy a LR again... not sure.

after getting stuck next to the road (because it had some or another problem) with two little people with me... I don't whether to put my trust in them again.

But then again the Defenders are stunning...

My son is going to inherit the Landy when he goes to Maties next year. Me thinks it's going to be a super f@nny magnet!!!

ja probably, there is precedent for that. lotsa chicks will go for a okie with a 4x4 over an okie with a corsa lite(or no car).

one guy in our res bought his dad's ol chev impala from the farm for a few terms. thing was AWESOME. problem was he didn't get a petrol allowance with it so couldn't really go far, and we all had to chip in all the time as even short booze cruises were NOT cheap.

it also started rusting like hell quite quickly, 40 years on the plaas was nothing compared to 3 months near the sea.

ja probably, there is precedent for that. lotsa chicks will go for a okie with a 4x4 over an okie with a corsa lite(or no car).

one guy in our res bought his dad's ol chev impala from the farm for a few terms. thing was AWESOME. problem was he didn't get a petrol allowance with it so couldn't really go far, and we all had to chip in all the time as even short booze cruises were NOT cheap.

it also started rusting like hell quite quickly, 40 years on the plaas was nothing compared to 3 months near the sea.

My son will have the same challenge. Petrol :-)) So he can probably only go as far as Lanzerac,and then he can coast downhill later :-)

BTW he's not getting the Landy to be windgat. With the trade-in they wanted to give me, it made better sense to keep it than to buy some little knoddy car.

My son will have the same challenge. Petrol :-)) So he can probably only go as far as Lanzerac,and then he can coast downhill later :-)

BTW he's not getting the Landy to be windgat. With the trade-in they wanted to give me, it made better sense to keep it than to buy some little knoddy car.

I'll have to tell my daughter to keep away from the okes with Landys, they're only after one thing.

And that's not what you thinking of, it's to have someone to push when it breaks down

Basically, the brans complement one another - in essence, if you can afford the Epic, you can afford a new Land Rover.

Same idea with the asset managers and pvt banks sponsoring races: they figure that if you can blow  R60k on a BIKE and accessories, and R10k on a race, you MUST be a rich oke. 

If you have no sense of value and get things for free then this whole Epic ,Land rover ,Spez thing works for you .Govermunt and Absa personal ,celebs ,Songo ,Exxaro ext