Land Rover to be the Official Vehicle Sponsor of the Absa Cape Epic

News bot

At the top of The Epic's instagram feed is a photo of a Cape EEpic branded amarok in front of Meerendal. http://instagram.com/p/zDOHs3J1cN/?modal=true

And up until recently they were driving Hilux and Tuna's.

I think it just shows that the Epic will take any sponsorship that they can. Which is good business sense at the end of the day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ha ha, die ou moes een aand n funksie bywoon wat geborg is deur Land Rover. Kom by die deur aan, word hy met n das in die hand gestop wat hy moet dra van Land Rover. Toe die aand verby is en hy die das afhaal, is daar sowaar n oliekol op sy hemp.........

The best Landy jokes are told by us Landy owners, because we speak the truth! ;)

Some more truth from the another defender owner.

"If you listen carefully on a quiet night, you can hear Toyotas slowly rusting in the distance"

Love Landies actually. Always notice them on the road. Particularly the Defenders. They are stunning looking vehicles.

Last week I was driving and in front of me there was a 110 with a sticker that said " I would rather push a Landrover than drive a Land Cruiser". Had a good chuckle over that.

Never had the guts to buy a Landrover myself. I drive a Landcruiser.

At the top of The Epic's instagram feed is a photo of a Cape EEpic branded amarok in front of Meerendal.

And up until recently they were driving Hilux and Tuna's.

I think it just shows that the Epic will take any sponsorship that they can. Which is good business sense at the end of the day.

I suppose as the Cape Epic becomes more prestigious they need a more prestigious vehicle! :ph34r:

Edited by BBN

Just in case anybody wondered what the Volunteers that fought the Cape Town fires, and are now fighting the Stellenbosch fire, drive........

Must admit, thats actually a nice looking Landy. 

Just in case anybody wondered what the Volunteers that fought the Cape Town fires, and are now fighting the Stellenbosch fire, drive........

So that's why the CTCT was shortened, they were stuck in the garage at home. :P

Basically, the brans complement one another - in essence, if you can afford the Epic, you can afford a new Land Rover.

Same idea with the asset managers and pvt banks sponsoring races: they figure that if you can blow  R60k on a BIKE and accessories, and R10k on a race, you MUST be a rich oke.