Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Software Version 3.20

I think it's time for an update ... :)

The latest is V 7.2

You won't quickly run out of memory on the F3 anyways looooong past where your recovery will be influenced by it.  Unless if you just sprinted a 1500km at HRavg of 200% ... in which case you'd be dead and it won't matter anyhow ;)

I think upgrade first and see if that solves your problem.

Let us know!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would not know re recovery advisor and not sure anyone takes that info seriously

If you are recording your indoor cycling, why do you not just use your F3 to record the same indoor cycling at the same time?

What bike you training on? As looking at the selfloops webpage all equipment is Ant+ and Bluetooth smart.

So you should be able to pair your F3 with the equipment you are using like a lot of us do with the watbike and cycleops trainers

Its a Cycleops bike at cadence, cant pair it with the watch unfortunately.

I think it's time for an update ... :)

The latest is V 7.2

You won't quickly run out of memory on the F3 anyways looooong past where your recovery will be influenced by it.  Unless if you just sprinted a 1500km at HRavg of 200% ... in which case you'd be dead and it won't matter anyhow ;)

I think upgrade first and see if that solves your problem.

Let us know!

Ok, I have just got the watch. When I plug it in and got to Garmin Express it says it's up to date.

Its a Cycleops bike at cadence, cant pair it with the watch unfortunately.

I have a cycleops IDT (Poweresync) that is Ant+ which I pair with my F3 for all the power data... did you speak to them at cadence as all cycleops machines are Ant+ so you only need the ID of the bike you are on to pick up the info once paired.

Ok, I have just got the watch. When I plug it in and got to Garmin Express it says it's up to date.

That's weird..

post-13721-0-76971200-1468413093_thumb.jpg

From Cycleops website, the 2 bikes Phantom 3 & 5 - Both are Ant+ !!

So as I said, you only need to know the Ant ID of the bike you are on and you can pair all the sensors with your F3, then record simultaneously with your F3 and on selfloops

• The Phantom 3 is compatible with most ANT+ CycleOps or PowerTap products, but doesn’t work with the CycleOps Cervo (a.k.a. the little yellow computer) or Joule 1.0.Contact us if you have compatibility questions.
  • The Phantom 5 is intended to be used with an iPad or Android tablet running theCycleOps VirtualTraining application and does not come with a computer. Please see here for further compatibility and required ANT+ adapters.
  • The Phantom 5 is compatible with most ANT+ CycleOps or PowerTap products such as the Joule GPS, but doesn’t work with the CycleOps Cervo (a.k.a. the little yellow computer) or Joule 1.0. Contact us if you have compatibility questions.

From Cycleops website, the 2 bikes Phantom 3 & 5 - Both are Ant+ !!

So as I said, you only need to know the Ant ID of the bike you are on and you can pair all the sensors with your F3, then record simultaneously with your F3 and on selfloops

• The Phantom 3 is compatible with most ANT+ CycleOps or PowerTap products, but doesn’t work with the CycleOps Cervo (a.k.a. the little yellow computer) or Joule 1.0.Contact us if you have compatibility questions.
  • The Phantom 5 is intended to be used with an iPad or Android tablet running theCycleOps VirtualTraining application and does not come with a computer. Please see here for further compatibility and required ANT+ adapters.
  • The Phantom 5 is compatible with most ANT+ CycleOps or PowerTap products such as the Joule GPS, but doesn’t work with the CycleOps Cervo (a.k.a. the little yellow computer) or Joule 1.0. Contact us if you have compatibility questions.

Will ask again, but last time they said can only pick up the HR, now power, speed, cadence etc.

Will ask again, but last time they said can only pick up the HR, now power, speed, cadence etc.

If the indoor bikes work with likes of an ipad or android tablet as they say they do, then an F3 will be able to pick up the same info

Not sure if it makes difference, Mine is the Fenix 3 HR.

Mkay, yip that does, well to the software version anyways the latest on that is 3.2 and with a beta release out of 3.31 (if you're feeling adventurous) 

I do not know why it would not display even though you dropped it in the correct folder.

Not sure if it makes difference, Mine is the Fenix 3 HR.

The HR and the normal one has different versions.

I am also on the HR

If the indoor bikes work with likes of an ipad or android tablet as they say they do, then an F3 will be able to pick up the same info

No they dont.  It is a older version of the cycleops bike that they use i think (resistance not even controlled, you still turn the know to increase resitance).  Cant remember what the exact story was (something about permision required from cycleops to open up the software, these bikes are a few years old and back then everything did not talk nicely to one another), but the point is that if they did not swap to "newer" bikes it is not possible.

Edit:

Think this is the bikes they are still using

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61BUL8Y5EbL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by Oxter

Hi! Guys

I'm thinking of getting the F3. Are you all happy with your watches? Is it really better to get the HR than the normal version? Currently use a fitbit charge HR and I like the fact that I do not need a band around my chest...

btw have you guys seen what massive sale amazon had on the f3? Went for R5499, but that special is finished. I have read all the reviews. Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

Hi! Guys

I'm thinking of getting the F3. Are you all happy with your watches? Is it really better to get the HR than the normal version? Currently use a fitbit charge HR and I like the fact that I do not need a band around my chest...

btw have you guys seen what massive sale amazon had on the f3? Went for R5499, but that special is finished. I have read all the reviews. Looking forward to hearing your opinion.

I had the Fenix 3 HR for 2 weeks and exchanged it for the Fenix 3 Sapphire

F3 HR give to much inaccurate HR readings during activities but good to get resting HR

I can highly recommend the F3 watches (not the HR version)....best watches

Hi! Guys

Had mine for about a year now and been fairly happy most of the time.  It is really the standard out there at the moment.  Depends on what you're going to use it for.

I wont ever get a watch with a HRM built in as I want to be able to mount it on my handlebar and that would then mean that would not work for me.

If you only want to use it as an everyday watch and to measure your fitness in other exercises or do not mind about handlebar mounting it then I'm sure you can get it.