Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Hi Everyone

So this weekend I rode the Lionman race while wearing my Fenix 3hr.

The course, especially at the beginning was rocky as MTB rides are and with in the first 20 km, it felt like the watches straps (the metal part mainly) was eating through, skin, muscle (the little that I have on my wrists) and bone.

I have had this on previous MTB rides, however not this bad.

Is there a different type of strap available that I can buy to prevent this, but at the same time, still use the HR component?

I have small wrists, in the region of 17 - 18 cm which i'm guessing plays a part in the pain.

Thanks 

I have the fenix 3 with the plastic / rubber strap.  Terrible corrugated roads where I live and if set tight enough there's no issues wearing it even after many hours of very bumpy riding.

I've been to Navworld (Strijdom Park) the other day to buy a footpod and they have an entire shelf with straps and accessories.  Didn't check what it costs, but sure you'll find something there.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the fenix 3 with the plastic / rubber strap.  Terrible corrugated roads where I live and if set tight enough there's no issues wearing it even after many hours of very bumpy riding.

I've been to Navworld (Strijdom Park) the other day to buy a footpod and they have an entire shelf with straps and accessories.  Didn't check what it costs, but sure you'll find something there.

Thanks will have a look.

Also noticed at the end of the race that I could have tightened the strap 1 more notch which may have helped.

Hi Everyone

So this weekend I rode the Lionman race while wearing my Fenix 3hr.

The course, especially at the beginning was rocky as MTB rides are and with in the first 20 km, it felt like the watches straps (the metal part mainly) was eating through, skin, muscle (the little that I have on my wrists) and bone.

I have had this on previous MTB rides, however not this bad.

Is there a different type of strap available that I can buy to prevent this, but at the same time, still use the HR component?

I have small wrists, in the region of 17 - 18 cm which i'm guessing plays a part in the pain.

Thanks 

Why not mount it on your handle bar and get a chest strap HR.

JIp.  I would go for this option also.

The wrist HR on the bike is also not that accurate. 

Have a chest strap from my 500 bundle so generally I do use that, however the battery is dying and didn't have a chance to get a new one before the race.

Mainly, wanted to see if its normal to get the pain or if I'm just weak. :)

Edited by TheBritishTwit

• 1 month later...

I've got a Fenix 3 Sapphire, but looking for a more comfortable strap for the watch - really miss the silicone moulded one from Suunto Ambit Peak3. Are there other 3rd party straps one can get for the Fenix 3 that maybe work better? 

I've got a Fenix 3 Sapphire, but looking for a more comfortable strap for the watch - really miss the silicone moulded one from Suunto Ambit Peak3. Are there other 3rd party straps one can get for the Fenix 3 that maybe work better? 

Got this one from Takealot once my original Silicone strap on the Fenix 3 was done. Been using it for 3 weeks now and it seems to be fine. Not the same quality as the original, but good enough for a cheap replacement.

https://www.takealot.com/moko-soft-silicone-replacement-watch-band-for-garmin-fenix-3-fen/PLID44922712 

Got this one from Takealot once my original Silicone strap on the Fenix 3 was done. Been using it for 3 weeks now and it seems to be fine. Not the same quality as the original, but good enough for a cheap replacement.

https://www.takealot.com/moko-soft-silicone-replacement-watch-band-for-garmin-fenix-3-fen/PLID44922712 

Thanks, looking for something a bit more shaped maybe like the Suunto's one, but will do some scrounging around.

Wrap a buff around your wrist to hold the watch in place.  A standard buff can do this if you fold it double. 

So finally got my Fenix 3 after waiting for it to be affordable for me :blush:  :clap: .

Does anyone know where I could get a silicon or rubber bezel protector locally? I know the glass is tough as nails, but from all the pics I've seen on adds etc, it seems the bezel is the one that gets scratched.

So finally got my Fenix 3 after waiting for it to be affordable for me :blush:  :clap: .

Does anyone know where I could get a silicon or rubber bezel protector locally? I know the glass is tough as nails, but from all the pics I've seen on adds etc, it seems the bezel is the one that gets scratched.

Have not seen anything local yet.

Mine is now 2 years old and only minor scratch here and there

Mine also nearly 2 years old and lives on my wrist permanently, train with it sometimes twice a day (swim/cycle/run).  To me it is a working watch and not a dress watch, so the scratches are part and parcel.

Even after almost 2 years scratches to the bezel are there, but nothing hectic.... think has stood the test of time well considering the usage it gets

• 1 month later...

Anybody else experiencing sync problems? Especially with the logging of Step history?

On a given day I can sync and see the steps for the day on my device and on the Garmin Connect App. However on the next day the history of the steps is not captured for the previous day.

This Step detail also doesn't sync with Discovery Vitality, thus I am missing out on easy points.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i see several okes have bought new bands for their watches. Mine broke this morning so I'm also shopping around. Does the fenix 5 band not fit on the 3? Takealot has every colour band for the 3 except black.. But they have a black band for the 5.. 

i see several okes have bought new bands for their watches. Mine broke this morning so I'm also shopping around. Does the fenix 5 band not fit on the 3? Takealot has every colour band for the 3 except black.. But they have a black band for the 5.. 

The Fenix 5x strap should fit on the 3.

I will have non original replacement strap in black in the next 2 weeks.

They go for R200 if u can wait.