Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the breaking of strapss is a FENIX thing, 2 of my friends with Fenix watches, straps broke, I have a Forerunner 235, going on for year 3 on the original strap

It seems like the breaking of strapss is a FENIX thing, 2 of my friends with Fenix watches, straps broke, I have a Forerunner 235, going on for year 3 on the original strap

Usually because most who have a fenix swim with it and the chlorine of a pool will affect the strap.  Both my F3 and F5 original strap lasted about 2yrs before needing replacing.

I’m also on my origional strap, just the little black rubber thing broke after the strap got caught up.

• 1 year later...

For some reason notifications from my phone won't come through on the watch anymore. I've updated the app on phone and watch, reset both numerous times, checked all settings on phone to allow notifications, removed the watch from devices and added it again. Still nothing, niks, nada. Keep on getting message on phone that notifications have stopped unexpectedly... Anyone else experience this?

For some reason notifications from my phone won't come through on the watch anymore. I've updated the app on phone and watch, reset both numerous times, checked all settings on phone to allow notifications, removed the watch from devices and added it again. Still nothing, niks, nada. Keep on getting message on phone that notifications have stopped unexpectedly... Anyone else experience this?

Yep, me too. Just got used to not getting them anymore. Would like to know if someone got theirs fixed...

Is this on the 3, or the 3 HR?

I have a 3 HR and have no issues - all notifications come through.

Don't the 3 and the 3 HR use the same software?

They probably want you to spend your money on a new model:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Is this on the 3, or the 3 HR?

I have a 3 HR and have no issues - all notifications come through.

Don't the 3 and the 3 HR use the same software?

The normal 3

They probably want you to spend your money on a new model:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

Everything else works fine. It was just nice getting notifications especially on long rides, so you can see if it is someone or something important that requires stopping and responding 

• 4 months later...

Does anybody know how I can change the layout and fields for the Workout Screen?

I have looked everywhere on the device but can't find it. I even started a workout and then tried to edit "current activity" but still it would then just skip that workout layout and take me to the normal sport profile Displays.

Does anybody know how I can change the layout and fields for the Workout Screen?

I have looked everywhere on the device but can't find it. I even started a workout and then tried to edit "current activity" but still it would then just skip that workout layout and take me to the normal sport profile Displays.

Settings (Press "Up" Button a couple of seconds)

Apps

Select workout screen you want to change (Run, Bike, Swim, Indoor Run etc.)

Data Screens

Same can be done when already busy with an activity by doing to same above. Just Select Current App.

If you are referring to Workout as in the App that you select when you doing a gym workout, I think the best is to create a custom workout with the data screens of your choice.

If I remember correctly, that is what I did.

Customizing the Data Screens

You can show, hide, and change the layout and content of data screens for each activity.

1. Hold UP.
  2. Select Settings > Apps.
  3. Select the activity to customize.
  4. Select Data Screens.
  5. Select a data screen to customize.
  6. Select an option:
    • Select Status to turn the data screen on or off.

• Select Layout to adjust the number of data fields on the data screen.

• Select a field to change the data that appears in the field.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/fenix3/EN-US/GUID-638CD68D-11B0-4D9C-B8B7-E28D15EC4566.html

I think I need to make a video of the problem I am experiencing.

I know how to change layouts within the Run or Bike or whichever profile.

My problem comes in that when I load a running workout from Garmin Connect and then do it on the Run profile, the first page is then a Workout page with 3 predetermined fields that I cannot access to edit, even if I go to the Edit Current App it skips that Workout Page and just goes to the first Run Page.

I’m getting like 1000m more than what it should be on most activities. I tried a soft reset and recalibrated the altimeter but it dis not help. I think I’ll take the watch to Navworld so they can have a look.

Edited by Pieter1