Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holier than thou are we..

no, not "holier than thou" at all. Its just a damn cycle race, there are many many others, and always will be. GO ride somewhere else, for the enjoyment of riding your bike. No one cares about your argus time other than yourself. And by you, I mean everyone

Edited by CaneRat

no, not "holier than thou" at all. Its just a damn cycle race, there are many many others, and always will be. GO ride somewhere else, for the enjoyment of riding your bike. No one cares about your argus time other than yourself. And by you, I mean everyone

In is not just a, cycle race. It's THE DAMN ARGUS.. One of the most popular open cycle races in the world.. It's a, famous race and thus respected.. Not just to be dissed like, a lot of comments here..

cause all the okes are now going to be stopping for free beer and food and making it impossible for the planned slow rider backmakrers to do the same. Thet should have parking maids and charge money if you stop your bike to long ...

where?! as it turns out my argus this year is part of a bachelors...so this is good info for us.

Did the CTCT organizers think what this will do to riders Strava' bragging rights, how insensitive of them. 

I've heard a rumour that Strava and the CSA are joining up for a lawsuit against the PPA the the trust peeps...

In is not just a, cycle race. It's THE DAMN ARGUS.. One of the most popular open cycle races in the world.. It's a, famous race and thus respected.. Not just to be dissed like, a lot of comments here..

What makes it famous is the uniqueness of the route, taking it down the N2/N1 et etc. detracts from what makes it special! otherwise its just another race

I wonder if anyone will try and RUN a sub3 argus? it's possible(you need good genetics and decent training).

Okay, since none of you lot are offering me a couch, I hereby declare that I don't give two hoots about your damned bike race...

Besides, South Africa ends at the Hugenot tunnel anyway

PLEASE !!!! Reconsider Ou Kaapse Weg ???

I believe its too much of a health risk from all the ash and embers.

Ai.....well the lesson learnt is not to take things for granted.....and that as soon as this Argus is over ...the organizers have proper contingency routes and plans in place....even if we have to move it to other towns etc.....they start on Monday engaging who ever they need to engage and get the ball rolling. ..I'm kinda dissapointed that there was no such thinking back then....????

But come Sunday...I'll have a blast...it's gonna be cool coming into town on the NMB...????????????

I was wondering if the roadies from me dorp would still be going down to CT, this is their FB post

It’s been an extremely worrying and tense week for Cape Town. For the last four days our beautiful Southern Peninsula, that the iconic Cape Town Cycle Tour traditionally passes through, has been on fire. It’s been devastating.

We are however on our way to CT for our 19th Argus TOGETHER!

** What is your opinion regarding the route change?? **

The comments are all positive so far.

Safe travels to all traveling down.

I think the organisers need to be complimented for not canceling the race but finding a solution at the 11th hour. The amount of work going into an event in the last few days is enormous without the need to change the route with only days to go.

They should get support under these circumstances for something that was forced on them by events out of their control.

I would hope that the cycling community show support rather than complaining.

To those that ride I hope you embrace the day and still enjoy it.

I hate to break it to you, but in the pantheon of global cycle races the ARGUS is minuscule.

Cape Town, on the other hand is a globally recognised tourist destination. The Telegraph travel section has awarded it top City destination for the third year in a row.

Your insight and empathy so eloquently displayed in your statements on insurance indicate that if any statements are to be dissed, it is you.