• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The out-of-towners will not be happy.

The Capetonians can still see the mountain so they are OK and positive

The racing snakes won't be happy.

The unfit and rider doing it for the fun will be happy because he can drink beer and have a look at the mountain.

My predictions for this race:

• Sub 1 hour for the winner :thumbup:
  • LOADS and LOADS of crashes. :wacko:
  • Congestions at no end at water points. :wacko:
  • Lots of drunk people riding bikes. :huh: :w00t:

I read somewhere a cut-off at 13:00?

Should be interesting to watch.......

spot on

Looks like hotel bed linen

:-P

Welcome to gusty CT!

I still had a bit of a negative vibe going so I went out again and rode the hell out of my legs to Llandudno and back (no pre race spinning like this morning) - now I am back. Bring on CTCT Special Edition!!!

I just drove down to fishoek and back over on kapse weg and there is no fire and the soot is minimal.. Why did they knee jerk on Wednesday and ruin the tour?

I just drove down to fishoek and back over on kapse weg and there is no fire and the soot is minimal.. Why did they knee jerk on Wednesday and ruin the tour?

Cape Colony = Nanny State ☺

I think it was done just to spite you personally.

We drove around today looking for kiddies firemans helmets to ziptie to our helmets butno dice. Found some knee high red socks so they'll have to do.

20km there and another 20km back from the race so we're not far off full distance and don't have to worry about parking and ***.

Bring on the fun ride. Mtb is ready!

I missed any updates on The 'Cav.

Did he make the journey out for our 47km adventure?

Cav is riding

Vibe is good

Gees is up

now we be rolling tomorrow, M3 all to ourselves, no cars to worry about, maybe just some nervous riders.

Cav is riding

Vibe is good

Gees is up

now we be rolling tomorrow, M3 all to ourselves, no cars to worry about, maybe just some nervous riders.

RT @Etixx_QuickStep: Not all good news. @MarkCavendish & @Mark_Renshaw are sick with a stomach virus in SA.

Didn't they have a big PR thing last night.... probably more babbelas than anything else[emoji12] [emoji6]

I attended last night's charity event with the Ettix riders, so can confirm that they are in the mother city. Moreover,  they've brought out a development team to assist and Renshaw confirmed that he will be riding to put Cavendish into pole position for the sprint finish.

Make no mistake, they will be racing. If for no other reason than to keep their star TdF sprinter near the front of the bunch and out of danger.

if you google that image you will find out that it is from America not from Cape Town. I didnt pay R1 000 to get my bike to Cape Town plus airfares to ride 47km so I will probably still choose to get a group together and go ride out in the winelands. While some people can do a 47km ride, others of us use our weekends for training. I salute the cause and if I lived in Cape Town still I would line up with glee, but after the effort and organising of getting there from JHB I would prefer to take advantage of some scenery and a proper cycle. I do 47km before work in the week.

How about you dust off your Mtb ( seeing as jnb apparently doesn't have any trails worthy of your sport - I'm guessing the bike isn't seeing that much action) and ride it in a show of solidarity like many others are doing. Make the most of a bad situation and recognise the sacrifices made by others. I have a friend riding in his full firefighting kit. Put on a red or yellow, shirt, band, feather in your helmet and get out there and enjoy the gees - imagine the whole of the M3 lined with the supporters who usually line the whole Argus route! Drink a beer, snap a selfie and be grateful you can! Edited by Da Vinci