Cape Town Cycle Tour will go ahead, detour route now 47km

carbon29er

As G mentioned the option to ride the long route was very much still viable. Yes, dependent on, as most of the fires on the mountain are typically brought under control and put out within that time period. The elements on this occasion did not make that a reality and its therefore an unplanned, unforeseen natural disaster that has effectively shortened the route to what it is.

TH can I just ask how the Longer route via plan B/C was still viable if there was a fire on OKW?

Fire on OKW was started on the 1st of March already...

#justsaying

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHA

Was surely thinking that you wanted an reaction. You never agree with me? You even said you don't like me.

Was just funny that you started asking the questions that I just got answers to 

:-)

Dude

You usually have some out there theories but please dont put words in my mouth

I have no issues with you or your alternative thoughts/comments

Sure, I hear you, but think of the guys sitting in Limpopo or Gauteng, its not as easy as investing 200 bucks in gas round trip to my home and back, its a relatively costly exercise that they may have sacrificed a lot to achieve, a call had to be made either way, its just my opinion it should have been made earlier.

Indeed your point is valid. Hopefully CTCTT learn from this and apply some additional risk protocol to their key priorities moving forward. As the majority of us who have been following the events of the week in more detail than just a thread on this website, it has been somewhat transparent that the Organisers of the race have been held to ransom by the way this fire has moved around the mountain. They were trying to pull a cat out of the bag and held out till there was no possible way to make that a reality, before accepting the inevitable.

I don't know Slowbee personally, but I swear there was just a Terri on the radio espousing his exact views... Hmmm... Call me Sherlock! :)

I don't know Slowbee personally, but I swear there was just a Terri on the radio espousing his exact views... Hmmm... Call me Sherlock! :)

Let's call him guilty by association!

Slowbee. Slowbee slowbee Slowbee.

Sigh...

...i promise i bought really really big ones - and they had a flame suit on special.

Hence my earlier post... it's Terry btw

...i promise i bought really really big ones - and they had a flame suit on special.

Must have been very spethal, haha

busted !

Yes it was me. And as John said maybe not so angry - but damn disappointed. And please before you all jump on the wagon again, I am grateful that the ride is going ahead and I will be doing it in the full spirit of solidarity - but that interview with David just made me mad again, and that just after I calmed down!

What has all this debating been for if you're still trapped on the long route dilemma??? Eish my bru! Gonna make you cough up at least a double banana shake now!

busted ! Yes it was me. And as John said maybe not so angry - but damn disappointed. And please before you all jump on the wagon again, I am grateful that the ride is going ahead and I will be doing it in the full spirit of solidarity - but that interview with David just made me mad again, and that just after I calmed down!

I missed his one. :( but the traffic on eastern boulevard has me FURIOUS! I better not call :)

What has all this debating been for if you're still trapped on the long route dilemma??? Eish my bru! Gonna make you cough up at least a double banana shake now!

I am stuck on the long route Tube, I let that go after your revelation of the community buy in.

The anger and frustration comes in, in that I expected more of my world class PPA/cycle tour trust and the city of cape town. Most of my anger and frustration has been trying to come to grips with maybe I expected to much.

Slowbee. Slowbee slowbee Slowbee.

Sigh...

dont worry I'll bring a big bottle for the route - will you have junior with you ?