So....Will you be riding the Argus Lite??

Wolfie1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my 3 friends are going to have a blast come raceday. 2 of them are newbies and this will be their first CTCT. We are so looking forward and cant wait 47km or 109km we dont care we're just wanna be in the spirit of Cape Town with like minded cyclists having a good time and remembering that it couldve been even worse. Big Ups to all involved, firemen, volunteers, organisers just everyone really.    :clap:  :clap: 

Will the top guys be racing or are we just going to go out and have a ride for CT and it's people? Would like to get a feeling from the guys riding VA, 1A and the like.

I'm in VA and I'm keen for a little race :)

Maybe try and ride it again for social afterwards.

Nope. 
Already cancelled all my travel and accommodation.

I would have been happy if they donated my entry fee to the fireman and cancelled the whole thing.  Riding for an hour on a highway is not a form of support fireman need.  They need finance and recourses.

I think a whole lot more bike handling skills will have to be exercised on Sunday with the "Lite" version. Can't wait to get to that vibe down there.  My calves are already pumped to 3 bars.

My bike is already there, my plane ticket is booked.  So yeah, I'll still ride.

Question: the race rules state that second laps are only per invitation.  Has there been any communication from the orgranizers that they might let that one slip this year, because of the shorter route?

My bike is already there, my plane ticket is booked.  So yeah, I'll still ride.

Question: the race rules state that second laps are only per invitation.  Has there been any communication from the orgranizers that they might let that one slip this year, because of the shorter route?

They will not let it slip. The congestion will be huge. I think even those of us that have been invited and paid for a second lap may find it difficult to execute.

Cape Town Cycle Tour

4 hrs · Edited ·

Riders will not be able to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour twice this year due to safety and logistical reasons.

Like · · Share · 381622

This was posted on Facebook

You're allowed to drop back groups right so why can't one just race it in the morning and start with the 'later groups' ?? 

Is this a silly question?

Why don't we cycle the route to the turn around then dump the bike and do a run back ?

You'll definitely feel like you did the full distance.   

They will not let it slip. The congestion will be huge. I think even those of us that have been invited and paid for a second lap may find it difficult to execute.

Cape Town Cycle Tour

4 hrs · Edited ·

Riders will not be able to ride the Cape Town Cycle Tour twice this year due to safety and logistical reasons.

Like · · Share · 381622

This was posted on Facebook

Thanks!

A second lap would have been fun, but I guess if we all did that it would be a terrible experience, especially for the late starters.

For many it's a case of either 47km or shopping with the missus.

I wonder which they'll choose ... :oops:

All those that are paid are being refunded and there will be no second laps. Ag, take it as it is I guess. Do a lap, then cruise to suikebosie then come back to the beer tent.

When in Rome do as the Romans do.

Archived