So....Will you be riding the Argus Lite??

Wolfie1

Wasn't going to, but now I would like to. Not because of the distance, but because this is a ride about more than time, a medal, bragging rights or accolades. 

I think the vibe will be something special and the fact that we'd be out showing support to a community who's been through quite a bit will be more important than what could have or should have been.

BIG respect to every single fire fighter and volunteer who risked their lives the last couple of days so 100's 1000's of people could have a roof over their head today. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 25th!

24th on the same bike ! (true)

WOW

big up on the same bike now that's impressive !

as a matter of interest how much climbing is there now, M3 back to town isnt flat.

Going to be there. Would not miss this for all the tea in china!

trying to figure out how to make the bike look like a fire truck.

as a matter of interest how much climbing is there now, M3 back to town isnt flat.

By my (strava) calculation, just under a 1000

Capetonians shouldn't really have an excuse for not riding. Out of towners though, you can obviously understand if the don't come.

+1

By my (strava) calculation, just under a 1000

but only over 47kms is a fair work out of joe average - although strava tends to exaggerate a little.

but only over 47kms is a fair work out of joe average - although strava tends to exaggerate a little.

I very much doubt whether that route is just under a 1000m vertical ascent :whistling: I think close to 500m is more accurate :thumbup:

Will the top guys be racing or are we just going to go out and have a ride for CT and it's people? Would like to get a feeling from the guys riding VA, 1A and the like.

Will the top guys be racing or are we just going to go out and have a ride for CT and it's people? Would like to get a feeling from the guys riding VA, 1A and the like.

From 1A we are already planning our attack up Eddingbourgh drive, lead out for the finish and then fastest way to the beer tents.

A whole lot of hammer!!

I'll be there with my whole team, Riding For Fire!

quick one .. what is the age of your youngest riding ?

I was always going to just ride it (not race it) with my son this year. He's 12 and its his first one. So for him its a great way to ease into the whole vibe of the Cycle Tour and really be able to manage the distance easily. Most of my mates (lots of genuine sub 3 riders) have decided to drop back to the last guy in our group and just ride for fun. The pressure is off. The race is off. But the ride and the gees is on and its up to all of us to pitch up and enjoy it. I'm just glad it wasn't cancelled. If you'r out riding your bike with thousands of others then its always a good time. See you there!! 

Hellz yeah, you think the organizers will mind if my bottle holders have cans of beers in them?

Archived