Nolan Hoffman defends Cape Town Cycle Tour title in Solidarity Ride

News bot

Nolan Hoffman (Team Abantu) defended his Cape Town Cycle Tour title in superb fashion on Sunday, 08 March, as he raced over the finish line in a sensational time of 01:01:49 in this year’s 47km ‘Show You Care Solidarity Ride.’

Click here to view the article

Rui Solomons rode a 00:50:43 from 4H....

no mention of that :ph34r:

It probably won't stand. There must have been a timing glitch on his ride.

the dude in the red shoes should have just clicked his heel three times and I'm sure he could have won

There's not an honest thing going in SA anymore. Look like we fix more than just matches, and presidential election votes. would be interesting to hear wot Cavendish tells his mates back home.

Ah, I see.

So you think the win might have been fixed.

I did not watch or see the final sprint so I can't comment .

Interesting ...........

Either way, I feel there should never have been a race but just a solidarity ride with fund raising in mind.

Ah, I see.

So you think the win might have been fixed.

I did not watch or see the final sprint so I can't comment .

Interesting ...........

Either way, I feel there should never have been a race but just a solidarity ride with fund raising in mind.

Agreed

There was a comment made about it on the Paris Nice commentary yesterday

That Cavendish flew half way around the world to take part in a 47km race

I'd like to know what that motorbike was doing in the way in the last few m. If you look closely you'll see the the motorbike cased the accident. I'm not 100% sure but i think Owen Hannie was on that bike. 

Cavendish was just trying to avoid being caught up in any accidents. Imagine being involved in a crash in a sprint and forfeit the glory on Tour d'France victories. Not taking anything away from Nolan, and I think he is an awesome champion and sprinter, but I would loved to have seen a proper sprint between him and Cavendish, from 500m out without a traffic circle just before that.

In the photo at the top, Cav looks like he's sitting up and smiling... Sunday cruise.  But well done to Nolan - serious talent.

And we know what he did..... :ph34r:

I'd like to know what that motorbike was doing in the way in the last few m. If you look closely you'll see the the motorbike cased the accident. I'm not 100% sure but i think Owen Hannie was on that bike.

Yes, saw this on DSTV catchup this morning. Camera bike also got in the way just before they entered the city. But the guys really fluffed up on the last few 100m before the end. Even the timing mat was a hazard at the finish, with a few riding nearly riding into it and having to go around the mat a few meters before the finish. Felt this could have been done better.