Nolan Hoffman defends Cape Town Cycle Tour title in Solidarity Ride

News bot

Schurter 5th is amazing.

47 k's of riding at an achievable heart rate being in the right position is hardly amazing .

However if it was 47 k's of unrelentless climbing he would have showed them what amazing can be .

47 k's of riding at an achievable heart rate being in the right position is hardly amazing .

However if it was 47 k's of unrelentless climbing he would have showed them what amazing can be .

Agreed, and the shortened distance obviously helped just thought for a MTBer to feature so high up was impressive.

Agreed, and the shortened distance obviously helped just thought for a MTBer to feature so high up was impressive.

I've never really understood this line of thinking. You do realise that a mountainbiker has won the Tour de France?

I've never really understood this line of thinking. You do realise that a mountainbiker has won the Tour de France?

Agreed, many cross overs. Remember how well Nino did at Tour de Suisse. Or the fact that Sagan is a ex world MTB champ...

Or the other way around too, look how well Rabon did on a MTB last year!

A bit different when you do well in one code while focusing on the other (which also happen but is still noteworthy imo)

Your example he switched from mtb'ing 10 years prior to winning the TdF.

Agreed, many cross overs. Remember how well Nino did at Tour de Suisse. Or the fact that Sagan is a ex world MTB champ...

Or the other way around too, look how well Rabon did on a MTB last year!

Always thought that was a bit like rewarding the oke with something for how well he does ... sort of like when Ducati  let Bayliss ride a MotoGP bike for one round when he won the WSBK championship - and no I don't mean the season he tried there ....

Edited by BigBen

We are going off topic again, but when are people going to understand that if you can ride a bike that means you can ride a bike, doesn't matter what bike it is .

I don't know why people are so surprised. My MTB only mates are always telling me what a piece of p*ss road riding is and how much fitter, better looking, funnier and generally more talented mountain bikers are...

Saw the post yesterday and can understand why it was removed. 

And that is my 'moral compass' right there, thanks Scotty!

ja, just like chris brown, now he's cool again :)

http://cdn.hiphoplead.com/static/2014/02/Chris-Brown-2014-pic.jpg