Jonkershoek fire

Heenan

Really hope they get this out soon with minimal area burned and without days of fighting out there! These guys need a break! 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-2696-0-58662500-1425923307_thumb.jpg

the smoke seen from over the mtns from N2 somerset west on my way home at about 18H00.

The smoke goes all the way over Sir Lowry's pass and into grabouw

Anyone in view of the area who can give some update?

Jeez, this we don't need, not one bit! FFS

Bennet Nel's updates seem to suggest its further in beyond Neverending and not threatening the trails. Yet. Who knows now.

Bennet Nel's updates seem to suggest its further in beyond Neverending and not threatening the trails. Yet. Who knows now.

As we've just seen, what the status is now holds no info on future impact.

It's ***. Either way we cut it... Sad. V sad

The problem is they can't just let it go.  Tomorrow the SE will be blowing quite briskly, and then they will have problems.  It could burn right through Helshoogte and Pniel.

The problem is they can't just let it go.  Tomorrow the SE will be blowing quite briskly, and then they will have problems.  It could burn right through Helshoogte and Pniel.

has it moved that far over the mountain ? thought it was still in the valley ?

The problem is they can't just let it go. Tomorrow the SE will be blowing quite briskly, and then they will have problems. It could burn right through Helshoogte and Pniel.

Without the heli drops they can't really get close enough to extinguish the flame cos it's just too hot... Small pockets, yes but not the full front. That's why they have to stand back at night in most cases. Especially in a plantation where the heat gets super high. Open fynbos is slughtly different cos It's also more accessible.

Just a thought I had, wasn't there a fire in the Grabouw area as well when Tokai etc was ablaze? Was it also near the MTB trails?

Don't want to start any conspiracy theories, just wondering.

if it really is anti mtb arsonist, then his plan of burning tokai by lighting in muizenberg is like getting someone pregnant by using twitter (and a lot of tweets)

Archived