2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Apologies if this has been discussed here already, but I don't have time to scroll through 62 pages of posts.

What's the story with doing a double 94.7? Once finished, can I hook onto another start group and do another lap?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been discussed here already, but I don't have time to scroll through 62 pages of posts.

What's the story with doing a double 94.7? Once finished, can I hook onto another start group and do another lap?

Here's the answer...

You will need a chip to get into the gates (first time and second). However you might want to remove your chip from your ankle or bike for the second lap so as not to give a weird timing result.

Is it still possible to be reseeded?

Don't think so.... I asked to do the double for charity, and they wouldn't let me. Now I have to start in the wrong group twice....

Is it still possible to be reseeded?

Reseeds close on Wednesday 23 September 2015, so you just did not make it. :ph34r:  

If seeding is closed, what would they do with a substitution? Do you start in the category that you took the entry over from? Race office says I can only do a substitution at number collection and I have not gotten an answer re seeding.

I'll wear an old pair of socks over mine then toss them at the start

Or just use MTB shoes, then no problem.

Thats why I ride with a Multi-tool that has a chain breaker on it, I have used it many times, helping other people.

You just need this to happen once then you make sure you have the tools. First time my chain broke was at Northern-farms, and of course at the other end of the route, had to walk back, 10km...took about an hour and 30min. Never again. :blink:

I have a multi-tool with a chain breaker never knew how it worked after reading this just goolged it.   :)

Take a piece of old chain and practice at home. The first time is NOT easy. Also practise putting on a quicklink. Very easy once you get it.

Cannot believe people cycle without a chain break tool or quick link... it saves on a very long walk home!!... is a 2 min job and easy to do

Extract from the letter received from charity (Paige Project) re double lap

I will wear my timing chip for BOTH loops on the day.

Take a piece of old chain and practice at home. The first time is NOT easy. Also practise putting on a quicklink. Very easy once you get it.

Just do not push the pin out completely.

Is the 94.7 utilizing the mySOS app? Does anybody know?

I Know the Amashova used it last month. Looked quite helpful if you ran into trouble.

Archived