2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Extract from the letter received from charity (Paige Project) re double lap

I will wear my timing chip for BOTH loops on the day.

Where's the extract JC...?

Here's the answer...

You can join any group - last group off at 10:22. After 10:22 the start will be closed and then you will not be able to start a second lap.

Just be aware the guys at the back are still waiting to start their first lap

Here is the full letter we signed 

DOUBLE LOOP CLAUSE 2015

I, _______________________________________of Id number ______________________________

will be taking part in the Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge as a cyclist who will be doing the route twice.

·       I take note that I have to start at the back of the start pen I am allocated to, for the first lap, allowing the licensed riders to be ahead of me.

·       I will at all times remain to the left hand side of the route, and only overtake on the right hand side, only when it is necessary.

·       I will wear my timing chip for BOTH loops on the day.

·       I completely understand that I must finish the first loop of the event in time to start the next loop before the last start group of the day.

·       I take full responsibility that if I finish the first loop after the last start group has gone, that I will not be allowed to go on the route.

·       I will wear my allocated race number at all times on the day.

I, fully understand that undertaking the Double Loop is a privilege and not a RIGHT.   I will obey all the instructions given to me by the Event Organisers to make my experience an immense one.

Signed _________ day of _____________________, 2015

Signature _____________________________________________________

Is the 94.7 utilizing the mySOS app? Does anybody know?

I Know the Amashova used it last month. Looked quite helpful if you ran into trouble.

use "uber" app - you will be paying! all in the spirit

good luck for you guys doing a second loop. it looks like its going to be quite hot. hope the organisers make sure they have enough water. 

Here is the full letter we signed 

DOUBLE LOOP CLAUSE 2015

I, _______________________________________of Id number ______________________________

will be taking part in the Momentum 947 Cycle Challenge as a cyclist who will be doing the route twice.

·       I take note that I have to start at the back of the start pen I am allocated to, for the first lap, allowing the licensed riders to be ahead of me.

·       I will at all times remain to the left hand side of the route, and only overtake on the right hand side, only when it is necessary.

·       I will wear my timing chip for BOTH loops on the day.

·       I completely understand that I must finish the first loop of the event in time to start the next loop before the last start group of the day.

·       I take full responsibility that if I finish the first loop after the last start group has gone, that I will not be allowed to go on the route.

·       I will wear my allocated race number at all times on the day.

I, fully understand that undertaking the Double Loop is a privilege and not a RIGHT.   I will obey all the instructions given to me by the Event Organisers to make my experience an immense one.

Signed _________ day of _____________________, 2015

Signature _____________________________________________________

I see...

How come you have to start at the back of your pen for lap one.

I plan to race my *$#@ off as normal on lap 1, then ride and support some people trying to simply finish... 

I see...

How come you have to start at the back of your pen for lap one.

I plan to race my *$#@ off as normal on lap 1, then ride and support some people trying to simply finish... 

Its for guys not starting in correct racing batches. You have charity double lappers starting with licenced bunches and therefore cannot interfere with the racing. Some of us are starting in our normal racing batches but will still do double. I'm also confused about the chip for both laps. Previously we always removed for 2nd lap. 

use "uber" app - you will be paying! all in the spirit

If you a first time user use the promo code "cyclechallenge" to get R90 free, even if you use the MasterCardRSA as a promo code you get a R200 discount, not sure if that promo code is applicable to the taxi service only.

Its for guys not starting in correct racing batches. You have charity double lappers starting with licenced bunches and therefore cannot interfere with the racing. Some of us are starting in our normal racing batches but will still do double. I'm also confused about the chip for both laps. Previously we always removed for 2nd lap. 

As i was just saying to NSBB in a whatsapp conversation (yup, the man has his finger on the pulse of modern technology, and these 'apps'), I'm sure they're going all Augusty on us and requiring that you need a timing tsip to get into the pens.

So, to minimise any risk of my lap 1 win/result being obscured by having a chip on for lap 2, I'll enter my lap 2 pen with it on, then go over the mats with it in my armpit, then pop it in my pocket/camelpack...