2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

I'm not riding this year but I'd like to pop into the Expo.

If I recall correctly non-riders had to pay a small entry fee to get into the Argus expo. What's the score at the Dome?

Never been a FEE at the 94.7 entrance...and I am SURE you would have seen a post here on the HUB if that was the case this year...go and enjoy the expo :thumbup:

Argus just a money making platform... :devil:  :ph34r:  had to pay for my wife this year to enter the EXPO... :wacko:   bastards, what's the reason, I am sure "MORE FEET...MORE SALES"!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always amazes me that people will pay that when you can park at Northgate...

Didn't know about north gate as i dont ever go that side last time was this time last year to collect a race number.

Hopefully i will remember next year

I collected the bottle and pack this morning. Parked right next to the dome on North gate side for free. People paying R20 were walking further so just drive past the money grabbing stations.

Inside the dome I was in the 'green' queue so I had one person in front. When it was my turn the online scanning system for everyone was dog slow and it wasn't like it was busy, so I hope for everyone's sake that wasn't due to load.

Anyways, looking forward to the ride on Sunday. Took the Anthem last year around in 4 hours so taking the SS rigid this time for some fun.

I asked to be re-seeded so that I can do the double loop, and still get an official time for my first lap. I have donations for my charity based on 2 laps. They said no. Result is that I do it anyway, and don't get an official time. First lap target is sub 2:50, 2nd lap on Single Speed mtb much slower.

Who needs an official time anyway!!

I collected the bottle and pack this morning. Parked right next to the dome on North gate side for free. People paying R20 were walking further so just drive past the money grabbing stations.

Inside the dome I was in the 'green' queue so I had one person in front. When it was my turn the online scanning system for everyone was dog slow and it wasn't like it was busy, so I hope for everyone's sake that wasn't due to load.

Anyways, looking forward to the ride on Sunday. Took the Anthem last year around in 4 hours so taking the SS rigid this time for some fun.

I didn't print the barcoded letter (showed my pdf on my phone), and there was no scanning done at the same counter - bloke behind the counter searched for a piece of paper, wrote my barcode number (think it's the race number) and returned with my number almost immediately.

last year the bar code scanning was painful on the first day - I remember people talking about it on here. I never go first day - usually I'm working.

Was there at 8:45, green queue, had 4 numbers in my hand at 09:00.

Perhaps queues are nice and fast because they are not held back by goodie bag distribution?

Took over an hour to get from Jhb CBD to Dome, Malibongwe was a nightmare with robots out, not many in Q but getting number was slow. Nothing spectacular on show, walked through and only stopped once to get some GU gel on special. 

**Edit** Correction stopped twice, 2nd time was to receive the new CSA rewards card, in my defense they were just handing them out. 

Edited by scotty