2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

Hi Guys,

This has probably been stated somewhere, but i cant find it.

What is the latest time we should be in the pens for a Second loop? and which group would that be?

Got seeded in B and hoping for a 2:45. So that should mean i'm back at around 9:15/9:20 if all goes well.. wouldn't mind to freshen up, get some more supplies and then join the guys for a fun second loop..

thanks in advance

As far as I have seen the people comment here..."as long as there are groups leaving, you can still do a second lap"

So I would guess around 10h40'ish would be the last group leaving??

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As 'I' group is clearly the place to be - I banish consideration of the racing snakes in A and upwards :whistling: - how about a quick straw poll of your time in last year's 94.7?

Mine was 3:40.

3:25 with a long toilet break and a tequila stop....this year going to avoid both I hope and with a lil bit of luck break 3 hours.

3:15:13 last year, after a shocking year of flu after flu after flu.

Been a good year this year so far, in terms of health and results.

Quite confident of around a 2:45-2:55 this year, if all goes well.

Last year did a 3:29 with it being my first serious race in over 10 years, with very little to absolutely no riding over that time and after picking up 30+kgs to boot. Hoping for sub 3 this year, a mark I last achieved way way back in 2002

About 4:20 from LL.

This included a 30 minute stop at Woolies in Parkwood as I had ridden along the route to the start from home and was planning on hopping off at home again. My partner convinced me to ride all the way to the finish and then home again.

This turned out to have been a 170 km day as we went straight home.

We rode it on single speed MTB with knobblies, and stopped for a few Tequilas along the way.

Aiming for something between 3 and 3:15 from F

Edited by eddy

I did a 2:45 and 4:49 last year. Hopefully I'll be able to pull off a sub 3 starting in my "oldish ballies" seeded group this year.

As 'I' group is clearly the place to be - I banish consideration of the racing snakes in A and upwards :whistling: - how about a quick straw poll of your time in last year's 94.7?

Mine was 3:40.

3:40 Solo for 90% of the event

Goal time 3:10 - 3:15 this year

Not joking, mine was 3:40:01.

Did basically no training before then nor did I know much about 'road racing'. 

I'm clocking some miles these days so also aiming for 3:10...at most

2:48 last year, but revenge on the last 20 kays will have to wait for next year. Aiming for a sub 4 this year.

Not joking, mine was 3:40:01.

Did basically no training before then nor did I know much about 'road racing'. 

I'm clocking some miles these days so also aiming for 3:10...at most

Well there we have proof that their seeding has merit. All three of us got 3:40 on the dot last year.

With a lot more and better training this year and the knowledge of what is coming in the last 23km i think a 3:10 will be a good improvement.

I definitely have a score to settle with Stain (sic) Citys' little "koppie".

That broke me last year... Now I know what it holds in store.

Well there we have proof that their seeding has merit. All three of us got 3:40 on the dot last year.

With a lot more and better training this year and the knowledge of what is coming in the last 23km i think a 3:10 will be a good improvement.

I was a bit confused for a bit with inclusion of some sub-3 times, before I realised those were from I-wannabees! It is reassuring from the straw-poll to see some consistency.

I think I'd be more than happy with a 10% improvement ie 3:20. Lost 6kg since last year, done many more base miles and leg strength work, the latter a big weakness for me. Hilly training routes have now become the norm. Apart from the impact of the usual variables on the day, I think the keys for me will be a. staying injury free, b. not picking up weight and c. converting accumulated fitness and strength to some speed through intervals, tempos etc. And d. not riding 947 with a hangover!