2016 Absa Cape Epic entries open on Monday

News bot

Best option is to get on the volunteer list, once your'e in as volunteer, open an investment account to save for the following year's guaranteed entry.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 100 entries.... not 10... :)

6 Bar...

I see you battle with maths...

Long day and only had R600K in my credit card. No wonder I could not buy up all the entries... :oops:

Ok so 500 entries left... Make that 350 after the pros and celebs... Make that 50 after the Amabubezi. When is Vermaak's biography coming out? I wont mind to graft like he did as long as the annuity income is as good :)

This year was my 2nd Epic and here is my take on it:

1st Epic - You go completely "bos" to prep for it, you do most MTB stage races to prepare, you get a coach, you spend money on  a bike, parts, you spend a lot more hours on the bike, you look at nutrition. You really spend a lot of money and time at your first one out of fear of the unknown.

2nd Epic - Do an hour or two more on weekends to get some "miles" in for Epic, that is it! You then realize that you do not need to spend a lot of money to do Epic except that the cost of the entry.

Most people riding the Epic get companies to help sponsor their entry, usually if you beg hard enough you might get two companies to pitch in and at worst you have to pay in a few grand. If you get 2 companies who can give 10K then you 35K short, all of a sudden 17K each is not not bad to ride Epic.

But in summary...people tend to over analyse costs etc. to do Epic

I do agree with you, but begging hard enough aint working. Up for my third Epic and dont think there will be any help from no where. Who is those two companies you are refering to???