Adverse analytical finding - in competition test

News bot

I was wondering the same thing.......

That is sure a pretty big mix of things.  Glen we all know from Contador and Chilliboy rugby dude......

The other stuff sounds like medicine. 

So it is hard to take a judgemental note if you don't know what he took? 

Anyone with decent knowledge on this that can speculate?  Was it deliberate or just a decent steak from blue-bull country?

Article says he waived the right to a hearing. So it seems to me like it was on purpose. Otherwise he would try blame it on some red meat?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest problem with doping in this country is in the vets and sub vets cat

And yet it seems they don't test there as often as they should? There are also lots rumours of a few top tandem men doping on a level up from LA and I don't think iv ever seen a tandem rider piss after the race(during the race it happens plenty, but not in a bottle!!!!)

Report says he waived his right to a hearing. If he had taken the stuff under doctor's prescription for a medical issue, I would imagine he would at least have a hearing to present mitigating circumstances in hope of a lesser sanction.

If any of the substances were subject to a TUE then they would be excluded from the finding.

The contents of the press release appear pretty damning.

Yip, and by waiving his right to a hearing, he basically admitted he was guilty.

Its an expensive process to try fight a positive test, doing independent testing and getting expert witnesses, and as he is not a Pro who makes his living from this, take the ban and move on.

But it makes me wonder just how many vets at the sharp end of the peloton are doping ? 

Regarding this statement:

all cyclists are advised to exercise extreme caution at all times with regards to any food and/or medical products they may come into contact with.[/size]

Should I ever by summoned to pee in a koppie, subconsciously I have no fear - my diet is not exactly the best around but I try stay away from processed stuff, don't use any supplements, use water only in my bottles.

BUT - I wonder if there IS anything illegal in day-to-day foods. Why would there be? Growth hormones in animal feeds and GMO used in foods to sustain the hungry world - the life cycle of food is getting shorter and shorter every day.

Coffee is getting cold - time to focus on positive matters.

+1000

Wondering about red wine - bought some lovely stuff from Spain recently - the home of the tainted steaks...

Checking that stuff on Wikipedia, the side effects are insane.

The diseases they are used to treat would mean you would be lucky to be on a bike, nevermind at the pointy end.

Madness I tell you.

Its an expensive process to try fight a positive test, doing independent testing and getting expert witnesses, and as he is not a Pro who makes his living from this, take the ban and move on.

But it makes me wonder just how many vets at the sharp end of the peloton are doping ? 

If you dig deep you might find a post where the hub decided to rip me to shreds .

If you take a look at all the "Adverse Analytical Finding" releaes here on  the CSA site, they all mention names.

The only one which does not is this: www.cyclingsa.com/anti-doping-press/2014/9/28/testing-results-suspicious-for-epo-doping where they had a whole bunch of suspicious but inconclusive results.

I don't think we get told of all the positive tests, I suspect deals are made where riders "retire" or take sabbaticals to spare embarrassment

Are there any previously banned dopers from the elites/VA/VB groups now languishing in the fun ride groups after their return?

Only guy I can think off Owen Hannie?

Only guy I can think off Owen Hannie?

Never knew that....thought he was "Mr.Good Guy" 

If you dig deep you might find a post where the hub decided to rip me to shreds .

Par for the course on the hub isn't it??

And yet it seems they don't test there as often as they should? There are also lots rumours of a few top tandem men doping on a level up from LA and I don't think iv ever seen a tandem rider piss after the race(during the race it happens plenty, but not in a bottle!!!!)

Unfortunately it is all about $$$$.

I still say they must scrap the Vets prize money and podiums (We don't do cycling for a living) and take THAT money and test more. 

Checking that stuff on Wikipedia, the side effects are insane.

The diseases they are used to treat would mean you would be lucky to be on a bike, nevermind at the pointy end.

Madness I tell you.

This is the BIG thing I don't really get.......it is Vets racing.  Why would you take the risk with your health?