Small oopsie

Holy Jamolie!! :eek:  As they say "That's not going to buff out!"

If you gonna do something, do it properly and it looks like you did just that :thumbup:

Take it easy and heal up soon Fan!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good thing I looked at this BEFORE eating brunch! I saw the posts on FB but didn't realise just how serious it was. Eish. Get well soon!

Ouch, heal up quick dude.

My standard response somehow does not seem appropriate, I guess there are just certain things that duct tape cannot fix.

Kudos for sticking your neck our that far. :thumbup:  :clap:

My concern is...

you may JUST get one mommy...who's hubby perhaps is a lawyer and her little johnny fell and broke his/her whasissname...

now all up in arms and willing to take the fight to court and try and claim some liability? in spite of all the required signs being there and track being maintained...it could still happen...

The best one I've heard from the the track...apparently there was a flasher lurking around (nope It wasn't me!!) and got caught by a group of lady riders (who took a picture of him :eek: )....big commotion and security called and arrived...statements taken etc. etc.... whilst this is all going down...a "garderner" on his way to work came past and decided to take a gap jump....with disaterous consequences!! fell his chops off!! Bike broken etc.

when asked why he did it - he says...he can't read and therefore did not understand the "warning"...

So, where do one draw the line?/ what is too much and what is too little in terms of warning (next thing will be... it wasn't displayed in all the offical langueges??)

Mother of all poets  :eek: 

Healing vibes dude... and don't give up on the bike just yet, these things sometime heal stronger than ever before  :thumbup:

Ouch, that must have hurt like a mofo and probably still does, hope you heal up good and strong

Jor bru I feel your pain. Speedy recovery, and I am sure you will be back on a bike soon. The human mind is amazing, break through the barrier when you feel you ready!!!

Ouch, heal up soon buddy!

Do you reckon the lack of co-ords may have been influenced by the flu?

I had a really bizarre wipe out after taking a small jump with blocked ears/cold, seems possible the balance gadgets in your ears gets messed up with flu/cold.

fortunately not

although the doc had to move it out of the way for the plates and pins, so i have a permanent case of mild pins n needles in my last 2 fingers

Healing vibes for you. In 2006, whilst doing my first run of single track ever on Mamba (Tokai) I also broke my elbow in three places but also damaged by ulnar nerve. Still don't have full use of my hand, and permanently have a mild tingling sensation in my last two fingers as you put it. Five operations and six months later I got back on the bike. Was very intimidating for months (scared of falling) but now it's all systems go, albeit with an arm which can only extend to 130 degrees (not 180 straight). Good luck with your recovery - you certainly got more trauma than I did. Ouch!! 

I had a really bizarre wipe out after taking a small jump with blocked ears/cold, seems possible the balance gadgets in your ears gets messed up with flu/cold.

Came short a number of times on the Blue and black stuff last season when i tried to ride with flu, I put it down to the effect on my balance from having blocked ears, dem bones etc don't work so well when submerged in goo.

Think of a bubble in a spirit level, normally it reacts quickly when moved from one side to the other, replace that with something like honey (or any other suitable fluid of snot consistency) and you will notice how much longer it takes the bubble to react.

Edit: Grammar and spelling

yeh - lets put it down to that, rather than me suddenly running out of skill ;)

Ja been following the clayton story for a while. was really happy to see him ride this year

wrt to the track - 

please dont dumb it down - the track is perfect. Im not blaming anyone except myself for my accident

I've been there a hundred times and normally get huge air over that big jump. I somehow just landed wrong

If you start dumbing down, where do you draw the line?

should we say that all bikes should be pushed and not ridden, in case someone falls?

it gets ridiculous.

ride at your own peril - no-one is forcing you to go big on the technical stuff

This!!!

Archived